Somebody once said, "Travelling is like flirting with life!". It's like saying, "I would stay and love you, but I have to go ...".
My first few hours away from home, felt more like a fight with a boyfriend than flirting with life ... my flight was delayed, I waited two hours for directions to an office to drop off a parcel, I got lost, etc and for a moment I feared that my expectations won't be met!
Very irritable, exhausted and in no mood for a holiday, I entered the foyer of the Lanzerac Hotel ... I was taken aback by the ambience, grace and elegance. Then I knew that my few days were going to become my most precious memory.
From the moment my luggage was effortlessly swooped up in front of me, I was escorted into the lobby and the experience began ...
The hospitality, capability and warmth that I experienced with the staff were so precious that it made me feel that even though the music stopped, they kept on dancing!
The peace and fulfilment I have experienced, will be a treasured memory forever!
I had to leave, but will be back to fall in love with Lanzerac all over again ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch