“Great wine and views” 5 of 5 stars

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Great wine and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We enjoyed the wine tasting, great value at ZAR 25, particualrly given the generous measures. We were fortunate in that it was relatively quiet when we visited so the lovely Crescenda had time to talk us through each wine, which she did with passion, humour and great knowledge. The tasting room was decorated with local art and books, with a balcony which affords a wonderful vista over the estate and mountains beyond, which make this an experience rather than a simple wine tasting. Great range of red and white wines with something to suit every taste.

We ordered a couple of cases with the assistance of Crescenda, and we're surprised and delighted to find they'd arrived here in the UK within days, superb service.

Visited September 2012

Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Super Thelema.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

For decades I have been roaming wineries around beautiful Stellenbosch, my home town. So, being on honeymoon, I decided to venture out to which is basically my neighbours, Thelema. It has been a long time, After the visit, I must acknowledge, too long. We were enchanted by Crescenda who went to great lenghts to serve us the super wines and answer every question to a tee. Very refreshingly, she had all the great little tidpids that makes everything taste even better. For the wines, well they never seem to falter, do they? I loved the Riesling’s and the old classics. Deep, beautiful wines. I told the fine lady that I liked the consistent taste of these wines, like the Merlot Reserve and Sauvignon Blanc, over the years. It was really like visiting an old dear friend, a visit too long overdue.

Visited June 2012
11 attraction reviews
“Great wine and vistas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We sampled several wines here and bought a number of bottles....even carried three home with us to US. Would definitely buy this if we could find it in the US.

Visited June 2012
Lagos, Nigeria
6 attraction reviews
“Commercial, impersonal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I can't fault the wines, I did walk away with two bottles, but the tasting experience felt like a cattle call: crowded and impersonal. The pourers had no time to tell you about the wines, and you had to work to get their attention.

Visited April 2012