“Worth the journey” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Worth the journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Delheim winery and restaurant is about 50km from Cape Town and lunch at the restaurant is certainly 'worth the journey'. Make a reservation for an outside table in the garden and enjoy stunning views towards Cape Town and Table Mountain. My biltong salad was superb and their Sauvignon Blanc, chilled and delightfully refreshing. Save room for their red wine ice cream dessert, which is simply wonderful. Service super friendly too. Looking forward to the next time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Mossel Bay, South Africa
“What a pleasant vista with added great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I often travel to the different wine estates and there is no shortage of excellent food on the wine route but I discovered Delheim wines and on visiting the estate I discovered the restaurant. What a pleasant discovery. The location is awesome with Table Mountain in the distance, perfect gardens a the wonderful food. Although a little hidden away, I will go the extra mile overtime just to have a great meal there. A truly wonderful visit. The wine tasting is also well organised with excellent white wines. I also enjoy their Merlot.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Service failure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our waiter attempted to remember our selection without making a note, consequently we were offered the wrong dishes and wine choices each time. He was good natured and corrected them each time but it seems an unnecessary e straight step

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town
“Fabulous Delheim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We celebrated an 80th birthday luncheon at the Delheim restaurant. What a fantastic experience. We had exclusive use of the upstairs patio. Exquisite views and brilliant service. Wilma was a star as far as organizing the event and suggestions. We had our own dedicated waiters, Hilary and Cedric, who were really friendly and efficient and made sure that everyone was well looked after. Thanks to the Delheim team for making it an unforgettable experience for the birthday girl!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Amman, Jordan
“Rows upon rows of grapevines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Coming from Cape town, I did not think finding the wineries was an easy task; so I drove to the tourist information in centre town and they were very helpful.
I only visited this winery 'Dilheim" and was not disappointed.
The vineyards where just amazing to see from a distance.
I was lucky that grape was just picked and is being processed. Interesting tour.
Staff are pleasant and helpful. The restaurant is set up nicely. They even served me a little something even though I arrived after the kitchen was closed.
I only did this winery, so I can't compare.

• 4 of 5 stars Food