“Garden route tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 117 Activities in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Cape offers daily and private wine tours. As a Stellenbosch based company and a love for wine and good food we stay up to date with the newest developments in the wine and food industries. Contact us to plan a memorable day for you through arguably the most beautiful wine lands in the world or join our daily tour for a good overview of the South African wine industry and tasting experience.
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Garden route tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Having heard good stories about Go Cape Tourism Services I contacted Riaan about the possibilities of helping me plan a vacation for my mother, sister and me in the Western Cape. I had already lived in Stellenbosch for a few months (for my studies) so I knew some sights but preferred a tour package. The tour package Go Cape put together was splendid and met all our wishes. First we went from Stellenbosch to Hermanus where we had a wonderful accommodation near the beach. Also, the wine farms (we are all wine enthusiasts) that Go Cape recommended in the "Hemel en Aarde" valley were lovely. Amazing sights and delicious wine, definitely a good advice!

Continuing our trip to Plettenberg bay we again experienced very pleasant beach front accomodation which all had been arranged perfectly on forehand. The suggestions about what to do around Plettenberg bay were extensive so we had no problems at all to find things to do. Afterwards, we went to Oudtshoorn, a very nice town in the Klein Karoo. By now we had gotten used to expecting top-accommodation and this night we were not disappointed. A lovely private apartment with all things one can want. Riaan, our contact at Go Cape wrote a message asking what we wanted to do and when we said we wanted to go to an ostrich show farm he helped arrange this even though we were there quite late in the afternoon.

His suggestion to take the Route 62 back to Stellenbosch was superb, seldom have I seen nicer mountain sights and seeing a huge land tortoise cross the road surely beats driving on the big highway!

Concluding I am very happy to recommend the Go Cape garden route tour package. They put together a wonderful tour with lots of nice sights, exquisite wine farms, excellent accommodation and that all for a very fair price with good support and a friendly and enthusiastic contact person. Next time I'm in South Africa, I'll definitely make use of their services again!

Visited January 2013

Juba, South Sudan
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked a private wine tour for Christmas Eve with my parents. John, our guide, was incredibly professional, highly knowledgeable and just a pleasure to spend the day with. He knows a massive amount about the region and its wines, and he just took great care of us throughout the day. Gert was a huge help in deciding where to go to tastings, and for booking lunch and dinner reservations at two amazing restaurants. This was one my my best experiences in 10 years of travel to Cape Town. I can't recommend Go Cape highly enough!

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Superb private wine tasting tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booking through Gert was easy and we felt confident that we were in safe hands. On the day, our guide, Riaan, turned up exactly on time and was waiting for us in the hotel lobby. He was friendly, easy going, approachable and willing to help. We talked about where we wanted to visit, he made some recommendations, and off we went.
The tour was perfect. We went to one 'older' more steeped in history vineyard, Kannonkop, then we visited a more trendy bar style vineyard (forgotten the name!) then we went to a slightly more remote, empty vineyard for an amazing Cheeseboard and view across the mountains with our tasting, and finished up at Ernie Ells for another great, more expensive tasting.
Each vineyard was different, and each one we entered Riaan talked to the owners and sorted out our tasting for us, so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy (and of course pull out our wallets for all the amazing wine we bought!) I want to stress that you are under NO obligation to buy anything, you can quite easily just taste everything and be on your way, with no pressure from any of the vineyards, but we couldnt help ourselves - we wanted a momento from every place on this special day!
The car was airconditioned and comfortable for the tour, and not only did our guide take us to the vineyards, he was very knowledgable about the area, and we got a history lesson and great guided tour of the area as we drove along. Last thing to mention is the honesty of our guide. We had talked at the last vineyard about giving him a well deserved tip, and having had quite a bit to drink, i tipped him, then my husband tried to do the same thing! Riaan actually turned down his offer and explained that I had already taken care of it. I do not know many service industry based people that would do that!
So all in all, i would say, use this company. They are good value for money, reliable, honest and they make your wine tasting tours all the more memorable!
Thanks Go Cape, from Amanda and Chris

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Oh wow! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

One day wine tour around Franschoek, Stellenbosch and Paarl areas with Riaan

For anyone interested in experiences the wonders of one of the most beautiful places in South Africa, I can not think of a better option than this. It is a truly personalized experience with someone who is both knowledgeable and passionate about what he does, allowing you to be immersed in both the history and wine culture of the region without losing the sense of fun one always wants to capture on vacation. Our only question is, why aren't you on this tour right now?

Johannesburg, South Africa
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have used Go Cape for a private wine tasting tour. Having had such a great experience before, I was scared that perhaps my expectations were set too high. Gert & his team did not disappoint!! It was a very late reservation request from me for 6 people & was really impressed when Gert replied & confirmed everything for us so speedily. John was our designated tour guide for the day & we were all blown away by his knowledge of the area and the wines - a very interesting & very enjoyable day out! Gert selected fantastic wine farms for us to visit, but what I really enjoy is that your dedicated guide will make other suggestions once he understands better what you specific likes are. We will definitely use their services again. Thanks very much Gert & John - another 6 star experience!!

Visited August 2012