“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Overture at Hidden Valley

Overture at Hidden Valley
Hidden Valley Wines | T4 route, off Annandale road, R44, Stellenbosch, South Africa
+27218802721
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 176 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In November 2007 Overture Restaurant, situated on Hidden Valley Wines - a wine farm anchored into the side of the Stellenbosch hills - opened its doors for the very first time. Starting from humble beginnings, Overture soon became a destination for great food, service and wines. Since then, Chef Owners Bertus Basson and Craig Cormack have taken Overture to new heights with accolades as prestigious as being in the Eat Out top 10 for five years in a row and acquiring three stars in the Rossouw's Restaurant guide for four years running.You will find Bertus behind the pots at Overture while Craig focuses on his salt range, Amouleh.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Cape winelands at its best. We had an amazing lunch, every course with such wonderful flavours and presentation and the apricot soufflé was the best desert ever! Overture is a must-do, must-see vineyard restaurant on the list for everyone. World class!

• Visited December 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“wonderful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had a beautiful lunch at the overture restaurant, with lovely breads and tapinades, I was alittle disappointed that there was only two choice of main course and neither appealed to me although I did ask if I could have one of the entrees as a main cours and they agreed but said there would be an extra charge. The wine service was a little haphazard, with the pairing desert wine not being served at all. But the food we had was lovely and everyone enjoyed the day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sundowner at this place is probably the greatest place to be! The food is awesome and goes well with all the wines. Really nice, well done

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Simply Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Had the most amazing lunch at Overture yesterday! The White Asparagus dish was absolutely AMAZING! The views, breath taking! The service, excellent! All in all, we had a great experience and will be back again soon!

Durban, South Africa
“What has happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here two years ago and it was by far our favourite restaurant in the region. So we were so disappointed when we had lunch here last week. The service was not as good as we remembered. in fact, a waiter opened a second bottle of water without asking us. Another waiter poured someone else's still water into my glass of sparkling water. The moment I saw there was pork on the menu I chose it as it is always my favourite. Also I ate the pork belly the last time we visited and it was superb. This time, however, it was not great. In fact my husband commented that my pork roast is way better than what we ate. Also, whenever we are at so-called fine dining restaurants I always like to have a look at the bathrooms. Why are they using Steiner industrial soap dispensers? It is an upmarket restaurant, not an airport! I am not sure what has gone wrong? But we will not be back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere