Our friends were dropping us off at the hotel, after a long Garden Route trip. We had a triathlon bike, IronMan gear and four cases of wine with us, with no drop off spot in front of the hotel. By the time we had unloaded our luggage a few meters down the street, a staff member had noticed our plight and came properly equipped to haul all our stuff back to the hotel. Check in was a breeze and we were out on Dorp Street for a leisurely stroll. A very nice cafe right next door for a jolt of caffeine and we started looking for a place to eat. Look no further than the hotel's restaurant. We started at the hotel bar, where a very knowledgeable barkeep recommended an excellent wine, which saw us through dinner.
Breakfast was excellent.
The rooms are a bit tight and don't really have a view. The hotel is seems to be a collection of houses, which were somehow connected together to make a larger entity. Very well done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town’s many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a heated pool and a walled courtyard.Guests can enjoy meals from the Provençal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch