We stayed in early January 2012, and I would like to say that the staff were amazing at helping us out with things like dinner reservations and other suggestions (especially Jackie).
The rooms are very nice, but the hotel is from something like 1730, so you need to know that you are going to be in a place that, while having been fully refurbished, is a bit like a rabbit warren, with rooms in interesting configurations. Also, the hotel is located on the main shopping street of Stellenbosch, and it is difficult to know where to put a car and what to do. (And, at first when we tried to park on the street, we were somewhat accosted by a 'parked car protector' in a neon vest who was speaking to us in agitated Afrikaans about wanting a small amount of money from us. This was disconcerting, as we don't speak the language, and weren't really familiar with the practice. Later, we found out that the hotel has a garage, but it is not accessible to guests, and while the staff is very happy to stow and retrieve your car, it is not like the hotel has a surrounding car park where your car will be conveniently accessible to you.)
But, I digress. The breakfast at the hotel was terrific (be sure to ask for them to prepare eggs or something hot for you). The rooms are very stylish, and well appointed, and as I mentioned, the service was really amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a heated pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa