Overlooking the main road back to Cape town, Asara really wants to be in California with the palm trees around the pool area. It tries to look Tuscan, it prices itself like it is Napa. It boasts of being modern and luxurious, but there is no mention of bland. And, bland is what I felt Asara was. With the exception of where the owner has decided to enforce his design 'flair' and has installed a chromed motorbike in a cage outside the flagship restaurant; totally out-of-place and gaudy (see photo attached).
I guess it was actually our fault that it seems bland, because we had been staying in the exquisite charm and history of the Lanzerac previously and it felt like stepping down when checking into the Asara. Having enjoyed the tranquility of vineyards in Franschhoek and the sophisticated estates of the upper Stellenbosch valley at other vineyard+hotel operations, moving closer to the highway was not the best choice. However, it did save us 10 minutes on the trip back to Capetown airport, which was the point of staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara Wine Estate & Hotel offers five-star luxuries in the heart of the vineyards. With the luxury hotel, two restaurants, cigar & whiskey lounge, grand ball room for events as well as a range of award winning wines available for tasting - there is certainly something to satisfy a variety of tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch