“Great food and view” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 175 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International, Winery
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Lovely lunch on the porch overlloking the valley.Menu is very 'cheffy' with a good choice plus daily specials.Food was main courses of springbok and sirloin,both of which were excellent, and a dessert of ice cream which was unadventurous but very good.A Tokara shiraz completed the meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pretoria, South Africa
“It cannot be faulted - Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This will be my 4th review of this restaurant. We always go for a lunch during our holidays, and I'm writing this review 3 months after our visit, but looking at my pictures I just had to write another review.

I'm not going to bore you with all the food details, as I have written about them in all my previous reviews, but all I can say is that the standard of food, service and attentiveness in this restaurant has not faltered since my first review.

We yet again did the chef's menu and were surprised at the end with another Richard Carstens creation that wasn't on the menu. I'm salivating again.

Our love for this restaurant has only grown, and we will be back time after time. This place has it all, architectural restaurant, exquisite view, brilliant service, fantastic wine, and to top it off one of the best chefs in SA (according to me).

We shall be back!

• Visited January 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fantastic Food & Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I went to the Tokara restaurant for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We lucked out and took advantage of a no-show and sat on the porch overlooking the vineyards and valley. I would recommend you make a reservation for the restaurant, if you want to sit outside on the porch. The food is wonderful and not over priced. The wine is fantastic, as I expected it to be. You can't beat the setting combined with wonderful food and wine. You'll want to stay for a few hours.

Prince Albert
“Delightful sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Had a superb sunday lunch at Tokara with family and friends.
We didn't have any starters but mains and desserts were delightful.
The springbok and the beef fillet were exquisite and the fish (cob) just as good.
Service was perfect.
Wines were just as good.
Thank you to the chef for a perfect lunch

Visited March 2014
England
“One of the best in South Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Came for the wine tasting ended up staying for lunch and then booked to come back for dinner at the weekend. The quality of the dishes is outstanding. The ingenuity of the dish creation and the tastes and flavours is highly recommended. We have eaten in Michelin rated restaurants all over the world and this chef is on his way to the dizzy heights. A fantastic meal is not only what's on the plate and cannot rate highly enough the serving staff and ambience of this fine dining establishment. The views are fabulous.