Came to the Wigwam for a scientific retreat and the place is just perfect for that. The conference center is well organized for meetings and the resort adds a little special to the meeting. I liked the ambiance, jazz playing in the grounds, and fantastic oasis pool. The atmosphere was particularly conducive to networking.
The best thing about the Wigwam is the customer service, which is better than I have experienced in a very long while. Everyone was attentive, gave attention to detail and went the extra mile. When I asked to stay for 3.5 hours past check out time, no problem. Everyone was friendly and gave the impression they genuinely wanted to help. The maid cleaned the room spotless and with attention to detail, I had a cold and took the tissue box near my bed, rather than take it back to the bathroom, I received a second box. The food servers were friendly and attentive to special request. This is of course what one expects at a good hotel but rarely gets it.
I stayed in the oasis area, which was newly renovated. The room was huge, comfortable, great bed and quiet. The room overlooks the Oasis pool, which is fantastic. Large, heated to a perfect temperature, lit at night. It was right out my room and with the heating, I went swimming in January, with 45 degrees outside and delighted in it. After some laps, the hot-tub next to the pool with colleagues. Fun and relaxation.
I would most gladly come back again for a meeting, but I would not come here for a vacation. The resort does not hold enough to entertain either a coupe or family staying all day and in is not located well for excursions being in the suburbs, neither in the city, nor is some beautiful spot. For a meeting, it is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beloved by generations, this Arizona landmark, Historic Hotel of America and AAA 4 Diamond property couples historic charm with a truly modern sense of adventure. Relax in the elegant comfort of 331 casitas and suites, but be sure to carve out time for our legendary golf, superb spa, four pools - including a new 25-foot tower with twisting water slides -distinctive cuisine and innovative, Arizona-inspired programming. The Wigwam is the ideal choice for both locals and guests who seek exceptional accommodations, amenities, activities and service that are enriched by the genuine flavors and real character of Arizona’s past and present. Rich with over 80 years of tradition, The Wigwam inspires locals and guests to “Make Some History” by creating memorable stories and cherished new traditions of their very own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Wigwam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa
- The Wigwam Golf Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Hotel
- Wigwam Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Arizona/Litchfield Park