“We stayed at this amazing Inn (we did NOT eat at the restaurant)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dutch
New York City, New York
“We stayed at this amazing Inn (we did NOT eat at the restaurant)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent three lovely days at Nine Oaks. We were driving around and looking for a place. We randomly found it and fell in love with the place. Rooms were super comfortable. The views were great; big open space and mountains in the distance. We liked the location as we had great and easy access to Paarl, Frenchook and Stellenbosch. I also remember the great "farmers rusks" each room gets. I think we finished them right away.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had the unfortunate experience of having my sisters wedding at Nine Oaks on 6 October 2012 and I can say if the guest weren't as festive as they were, the wedding would have been a total disaster.

We struggled to get the place decorated as the manager decided to open his restaurant the night before, the chef was sitting in the kitchen with her feet on the work area she just prepared food on 20 minutes prior, smoking a cigarette, and during the wedding the manager kept walking between the guests and sitting with his laptop at the bar.

The staff were equally unfriendly and refused to help, had bad attitude and certainly didn't know how to treat guests. When we left we told the manager we were unhappy with the service and the way things were run and he very impolitely told us that, we can leave now and he would be happy if he never sees us again.

Hope the people going to dine there know they have the most unhygienic chef on this planet. I would never go eat there after what I saw. After working in hospitality for 7 years myself I was appalled that service like that still exists.

• Visited October 2012