“Superb culinary experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Wellington, Western Cape, South Africa
“Superb culinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I've heard many good things about Bosman's restaurant, but nothing prepared me for the extraordinary culinary experience we encountered. The attention to detail and guest satisfaction is at a level not often seen at restaurants any more. The food was incredible, the service impeccable and a Grande Time was had! Bravo!

Visited July 2014
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Bosman's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Sandra,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Bosman’s Restaurant.
It is our passion to ensure that all guests leave the Winelands with happy memories.
We do hope that you return to us again for a 5 Star Culinary delight, and we recommend that you reserve one of our Luxury Suites to complete the experience.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Afternoon Tea: good experience but rough around the edges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My in-laws were in town so we decided on tea as a treat on a rainy Saturday.

Staff were friendly but I couldn't help thinking that they could do with a bit if polish.

Firstly, I had to tell three different people who I was and that I'd made a booking for tea, after I'd arrived. (When making the booking I could hear the entire conversation between the person that answered and the chef!)

As a really small place, surely it was enough for me to check in at the gate and not be asked again?

I was taken aback when I asked what tea was available only to be told that they had many teas, but there wasn't a list I could look at. Part of the attraction of afternoon tea is to discover new or interesting blends in my opinion. This approach from our waiter ensured that we only ever went with the handful he could tell me off the top if his head unless we wanted to get into a guessing game.

The spread of sweet and savoury that was laid out before us was quite impressive and extremely tasty. We were delighted at the variety and each managed to finish off what was offered up, without feeling like we'd over indulged. A great balance.

We were also seated in front of the fire which was fantastic placement on a cold day, though the fire was somewhat neglected during our visit.

After tea we took a stroll around the wonderful property and have certainly filed this destination away as somewhere we would visit again.

Camberley, United Kingdom
“Top quality dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We ate here when staying at Grande Roche. The food was excellent with a good wine list too. It was off season when we visited so the restaurant was very quiet, a bit like eating in the hotel lobby. Staff were knowledgable and attentive.

Visited June 2014
Dear Malcolm,
My team and I were delighted to read your review of the Bosman’s Restaurant.
“Money trumps manners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

What should have been a great night out for our dinner club turned into a nightmare at Bosmans. All was good until a British group of 30 celebrated their loss (rugby match) with a song which turned into a raucous affair. People standing on chairs and tables shouting at the top of their voices. This most shocking was the staff clapping and filming this with glee?? After song number 5 we asked the manager to step in. She smiled, said nothing and later brought champagne out for as an apology. This after we had our coffees?? We addressed the situation with the Brits, some swore and others apologized with drunken breath.
Our waiter was kind and apologetic and wanted to move us to another table?? The lack of response from management made it clear that money trumps manners even at a 5 star establishment.
We left paying the full bill, no accommodation was made??
Management should have acted: move the group to the bar, the local pub or a rugby club. Disappointed. Can't remember how the food was.

Southampton
“Multi-award-winning and worth it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This stunning restaurant has pages of awards, including the "Best Restaurant in South Africa" a couple of years ago! It has a stella reputation and it's well deserved.
The menu has a classic European and tradition African feel to it. You really MUST try the steaks!!
The wine list runs to 48 pages covering all budgets.
The service is discrete yet efficient and the atmosphere & ambience are just perfect!
At this time (July 2014), the Rand - Sterling exchange rate is very much in favour of the UK traveller (R18 to the £), make the most of this and gorge!

Visited July 2014
AnjaBoskenGM, General Manager at Bosman's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Gerry,
Once again thank you for your kind words.
We really do hope that you will return one day in the near future.