“dangerous place” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Activities in Oudtshoorn
Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Incubators, baby chicks, ostrich rides and feather crafts are among the attractions at this family-friendly farm.
pitsburg
“dangerous place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

They don't care about your safety. I could be dead while I rode their ostrich because the staffs misguided the ostrich and there were no protection from the risk. Even though they encourged me to ride, they told me that "who enforced you to ride?" after the severe accident happened.

• Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
13 attraction reviews
“An Unusual Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

I had a good time at the Highgate Ostrich Farm. I’ve never been to any other ostrich farm, so I can’t really compare it to any other ostrich farm; we were there pretty early in the morning, so as we drove up, we were greeted by a guide, and we were given a private tour of the farm. We were first told about the life cycle of an ostrich and shown the various ostrich produces. Next, we were introduced to a few ostriches, where I fed the ostriches. Subsequently, we were taken to a place where we were able to stand on an ostrich egg. After that, we were taken to a place where we could sit and ride on ostriches in a small pen – that was quite interesting…and difficult. We also watched a couple jockeys race a couple ostriches. Overall, it was a great visit and something different.