“Down the road” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
Cuisines: African, Seafood, Sushi, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Warm,welcoming and friendly staff awaits your arrival at Karoo Pot Restaurant - truely a jewel in the Karoo! Our traditional African cuisine can be enjoyed either outside by the fish pond, or inside where the fireplace lightens up the atmosphere! For the sushi lovers-come and meet our 2 chefs from China! Our Sushi bar is the only one in town with Chinese Chefs making fresh sushi everyday, and definitely worth visiting! Our mouth watering traditional food menu, will definitely make you want to come back again! We salute you!
Observatory, Western Cape, South Africa
“Down the road”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stunning idea, looked good on the outside and menu, but a pity the order was wrong that I had to sent my steak back, that was after having the starter sushi that made me sick and the side order veggies camne after my main .
Good that it was walking distance from our B&B

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice location, Awful food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had an awful meal at Karoo Pot. It promises much in location and has a good outside seating area, but the food is terrible.
I ordered one of their Specials - supposedly slow cooked pork, but the piece of meat I received was still very raw in the middle, and tough! The accompanying mashed potato was lumpy and cold.
After 1 bite, I sent the food back, and was so put off, I declined to order anything else - definitely the worst plate of food I have ever received in a restaurant.
My partner ordered Thai-style crab cakes - there was nothing remotely Asian about them and they were cold in the middle and soggy on the outside - they were obviously microwaved prior to serving.
I completed a survey form as requested giving the restaurant my contact details. To date I have not received a follow up from the restaurant, which I find somewhat unprofessional.
There are many better restaurants in Oudtshoorn, avoid this one.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oudtshoorn, South Africa
“Shoppers rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Restaurant is still in its baby shoes, but I found the food I ordered good- and affordable.
Nice to relax with friends over a cup of coffee - if you dont mind the traffic.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ok-ish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had dinner here and thought it was a good average. One of the party ordered Chateaubriand and what arrived was simply a rump steak. Two of our party had the main course arrive before the starter had been served. Staff apologetic but no real effort was made to regain our trust.

San Francisco, California
“Good restaurant centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a good lunch here in August. Good menu featuring a variety of local dishes and fresh produce. Had the tripe with African potatoes which was delicious. Good wine list. Outdoor seating was delightful on a warm spring day. Service was friendly and prompt. Right across the street from the Queens' Hotel.

• Visited August 2012