“Good Home-Cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore
“Good Home-Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm not sure why this place is getting knocked by so many negative reviews.. we had a good experience. My husband and I asked a local to recommend a non-touristy place to eat, and we were very pleased with our meal at Headlines. The service was a little slow, but was very friendly, as were the other diners, who we ended up chatting with a bit. Additionally, the manager overheard us talking about Malva Pudding, how much we loved it and weren't really sure what it was.. so she went into the kitchen and wrote down the recipe for us! It was a very kind gesture and now that we're home I'm eager to try it out and share this South African dessert with our family.
The food itself was what I would describe as good home-cooking.. not fancy, but very good. I had an ostrich fillet, which was tender and delicious. I am still raving about it to anyone who will listen. I ordered it with one of their special sauces, I don't remember the name, but it was very good.. something with mushrooms, onions, and a liquor... The sides were also good, a cheesy cabbage and cinnamon-laced sweet potatoes. The chicken liver appetizer was tasty (if you like chicken livers..), and our desserts were the perfect ending. The prices were very reasonable, and overall we enjoyed the experience. I would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Munich, Germany
“worst food ever tasted !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

People, do not go to this restaurant because you will be dissapointed. The food is horrible and the service is from the same level. Wine quality is poor and the few good ones they have on the menu are or not in stock or terribly expensive. There are many better places to enjoy your company with excellent food.

Visited April 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

During the KKNK it is going to be busy, so staff and service needs to be prepared. Not even the simplest order could be completed correctly.

Visited March 2012
George, South Africa
“Worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Situated in the centre of town. Delicious menu and value for money

Visited February 2011
Oudtshoorn, Western Cape, South Africa
“Rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Everything, the setting, the food and the service,