“Great steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Helsinki, Finland
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

While visiting Canal Walk a local friend took us here. Service was average and last of us got the food when first of us had finished, which was a bit unfortunate. On the other hand, my chateaubriand was excellent and I really enjoyed their thick barOne milk shake so even though the visit wasn't perfect, I would eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had a lunch buffet here which was ok. Service great, they really tried to accommodate. Food buffet was good but I though it lacked a bit of vegetables and there seemed a bit too much fried options. But, it's tasty and I would go again.

Visited December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Canal Walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

After an evening of shopping this is an excellent place to go. The fillet steaks were cooked to perfection, the sizzling platters mean veggies remain hot but also mean to hot for those first mouthfuls. Staff and service was great and prompt which is what we wanted after the shopping. Please change the music it got tedious.

Visited July 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wonderful service and even better steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

There is not much to dislike about visiting the Cattle Baron.
Been to various of their venues, and every-time had a wonderful experience with regard to service and quality of food.
Booking is adviced over the weekends, as it tend to get very busy.

Visited August 2012
Cape Town
“TABLE VIEW CATTLE BARON CARES LITTLE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I for my sins eat my steak well done, on the dozen occassions I had eaten there they had to be sent back at least twice on each occassion.
The last time I at at the Cattle Baron (Table View) there was a couple with two young children, the owner and manager were at the till and to there right were two men and a lady, and myself somewhere in the middle.
The two men as the drinks were going down were swearing extremly loudly, it was early in the evening aroung 6pm, I finished the steak and went to pay at the till, I mentioned to the owner that with kids in the resturant she should have asked the men to stop the swearing and shouting her answer was simple - "I heard nothing", well I reckon the booze bill at that table helped her to hear nothing, I have not been back!

Visited April 2013