This apartment hotel has the most amazing views of Cape Town (and the ships at anchor and in the offing), Table Mountain and Robben Island. In the surf on the beach we saw seals, dolphins and innumerable birds including, once, a penguin. We saw a heron catching snakes in the narrow strip of dunes between the hotel and the sea, and overhead were even more birds, including flamingos, cormorants, various raptors and Egyptian geese.
The Cape Town nnonday gun is audible here - fifteen seconds late.
South of the hotel, on Marine Drive, there is an excellent flea market on Saturdays and Sundays where local people, rather than visitors, buy used stuff. Go - it's fun.
The hotel is clean, comfortable and friendly but not overly luxurious (with this view who cares?) Breakfast is rather over-priced, and wifi and car parking are extras rather than included in the room rate. My wife and I stayed for three weeks and are sure to come back.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Bay Luxury Hotel Milnerton
- Leisure Bay Luxury Suites Cape Town/Milnerton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk directly onto an endless stretch of white sandy beach from the hotel’s terrace! This stylish 4 star luxury suite hotel is set right on the dunes with panoramic views of Cape Town’s Table Mountain and Robben Island. Each suite faces the sea and the spectacular sight of the African sun setting over the Atlantic Ocean is a view not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Leisure Bay Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.