“Budget, no frills, accommodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of StayEasy Century City

You added StayEasy Century City to your Saves list
StayEasy Century City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Century Boulevard | Century City, Milnerton 8001, South Africa   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milnerton
Roodepoort, South Africa
“Budget, no frills, accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I can complain about almost everything – the small room, the noisy street, the leaking shower, the lack of soap and body lotion in the bathroom, the KFC smell hanging in the air (constantly), the short wire of the hairdryer, small bath towels and and and…
BUT I should have managed my expectations better. This is a budget hotel and I cannot compare it with the more luxurious, and more expensive hotels I recently stayed in.
So, if you are expecting budget accommodation, no frills, a clean room, free wi-fi, comfortable bed and close proximity to Century City, then Stay Easy Century City is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the shopping centre
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback and comments. Despite the shortcoming experienced versus other hotels you stayed in, I'm pleased that as a budget brand, we met your expectations.

The hotel has a scheduled refurbishement in 2014 and many of the areas highlighted, will be addressed. The external smells with be investigated with the shopping centre and corrected.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Jurgen Stumges

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently my daughter and I was researching for a place to stay in Cape Town for our week long vacation during the school holidays. A place which will be near a shopping mall as we will be going by plane. By boss recommended Stay Easy, Century City and I checked also online for reviews about the hotel.
One reviewer advise to ask for the fourth floor with windows facing the mountain, and I did that. The service was excellent as I made bookings from Namibia, the staff very helpful. They arranged for a pick up at the airport, and I really will recommend the service of one of the drivers they arranged for us. His name is Emeka, very friendly and safety conscious as we were two ladies. He had a vast knowledge of the tourist side, how to get there and how to go about without getting lost. We never had to wait for more than 10minutes to be collected after we called him.
And I can complement the hotel in getting the best services for their clients.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would call at least twice in the day to confirm if we needed anything. Rooms were very neat. Thought the blankets was very thin the heating system in the room made up for it. We arrived on Sunday the 25th August 2013 left Saturday 31st.
The normal time to book out of the hotel is : 11am, but they allow us to book out at 2pm, which I really appreciated so much as our flight back was at 5pm the afternoon. And at 1pm we were still at Robben Island as the departing time was delayed.

Would I recommend Stay Easy Hotel at Century City to anyone ….YES!!!! Will I go back there again most certainly yes…..Peaceful, safe place to stay. The best so far.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the mountain
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay. The overall service delivered by my team and the efficient and friendly service from the company shuttle driver adds to ensuring a memorable stay . I will share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Choma, Zambia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at three Stay Easy Hotels in 8 days; began with Stay Easy Lusaka for three nights, then two at East gate Joburg and another three at Century City, Cape Town. I would say the best service and amenities was in Lusaka where the staff was really friendly and attended to your every need promptly, The worst was East gate Johannesburg. My room had loose sockets and when I requested for them to be repaired, this was not done and further enquiry about the same yielded a report that the matter had been reported to maintenance department and that was that. Because of this I had to recharge my cell phone from the reception area leading to one of phone having its charging system damaged! Century City Stay Easy was better than Johannesburg in that the reception was generally fine apart from one lady who did not seem to have time to attend to my query (She off handedly referred me to her colleague without as much looking at me as she spoke) Rather rude! Her colleague was however very cheerful and attended to me in jovial manner. She genuinely smiled at me the next morning in the hotel foyer. The rooms are rather small in all the three hotels but they served the purpose just fine. No In House restaurant in all hotels...maybe because they are all situated next to large shopping malls. I am not sure I would stay at the Johannesburg hotel again. I would certainly stay at the Lusaka Hotel again and I would not mind so much the Century City hotel...what with that magnificent Canal Walk Shopping Mall just a minute's walk away.

Room Tip: If you are travelling to South Africa from a country which uses square pin sockets, be sure a carry...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank-you for your detailed feedback with the StayEasy brand whilst travelling in Zambia and South Africa.

I am disappointed to hear about the technical and service related problems, I will share this with the relevant hotels and my team. I am pleased to note all your positive experiences with friendly staff and great locations.

Thank-you for your ongoing support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent two nights for a short trip to Cape Town and absolutely satisfied. Excellent location (opposite to the Canal Walk mall), good breakfast, clean room, very reasonable rate and very fast and easy checkin and checkout. Variety of food choice in the mall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback on the hotel and it's facilities in a favourable business and leisure location at Century City.
I am pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel often, and the friendly efficient staff is the one thing that keeps me going back there. The recent upgrade to free WIFI is a great idea. Only negative points is that the rooms are a bit noisy sometimes and the bedding in the one room was dirty. A complete replacement of the bedding- mabey doing Duvets instead of tge scrachy blankets might be a good idea.

• Stayed July 2013
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank-you for your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am disappointed to note that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. The StayEasy brand is offering the blanket with top sheet in all rooms. For guests that prefer to sleep with a duvet, we will gladly offer these on request.

I am pleased to note that the staff have made your stay memorable and I will share this with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours truly,

George, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed at the Stay Easy Canal Walk for the weekend and we booked two rooms with an inter-leading door. Unfortunately the rooms were tiny and claustrophobic. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 2 and it just became impossible due to the space constraints. Additionally, we had recently stayed at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel down the road and found their suite was larger than the two rooms we booked at Stay Easy. The rate at the Colosseum for the suite (which very comfortably housed our entire family) was cheaper than the Stay Easy rate too. Breakfast at the Stay Easy was not bad, but however when comparing with the Colosseum, it fell short.

Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the small rooms and would rather recommend the Colosseum. They are better value for money, larger rooms and better breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank-you for your comments and feedback. The StayEasy brand is a 2 star economy brand hotel and thus does not easiliy compete in the full service 4 star market.
Seasonal winter rates are readily available in Cape Town whereas our StayEasy brand operates a standard room rate all year round, remaining a true value for money destination.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here recently on business, and had a very mixed experience. Online booking and payment was easy, the hotel is easy to find and check in was quick and easy enough.
A special mention goes to the room. Not big at all but very cleverly designed, comfortable and well equipped. There's everything you need and nothing you don't. The shower is great even though the bathroom is a little cramped.
The hotel is close enough to Canal Walk shopping centre so we could walk there for dinner, which was nice.
However, the point of staying ANYWHERE should always be to get a good nights rest, and sadly this is where it all came apart. The pillows were like rocks. The bathroom extraction fan made a constant noise, so loud that it kept waking me up. And then, finally at around 3am when I finally started to fall asleep from pure exhaustion, the most terrible kitchen odours started wafting through the room. It literally smelled like somebody was cooking a huge banquet right outside the room. It was so bad my eyes were burning from the fumes. I had no sleep at all that night. Not even 5 minutes.
Breakfast was chaos. Almost every table was dirty, there were staff around but nobody seemed to notice us, the food was cold and not very nice, the coffee machine was incomprehensible to operate and the coffee itself was vile. As in truly undrinkable.
I have stayed in the One&Only and will return, I have stayed in Formula 1 and will return, all because I could always get a good nights rest, but this was a disaster. It messed my entire day up, and I cannot imagine that I'll want to put myself through this again. Unless I bring my own pillows, ear and nose plugs...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jurgen S, General Manager at StayEasy Century City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank-you for your detailed feedback and comments. I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the problems experienced during your stay. I fully undestand your frustration and the matters raised will receive our immediate attention. The room fan, availability of feather pillows, exterior odours will be addressed.

Should you experience any problems during your stay, you are welcome to contact me directly and I will gladly attend to the matter personally.

Yours truly,

Jurgen Stumges

Been to StayEasy Century City? Share your experiences!