“first bad then good!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa

You added African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Century Boulevard and Rialto Road | Century City, Milnerton 8000, South Africa   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milnerton
Trichardt, South Africa
“first bad then good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

the start of my stay at crystal towers was terrible to say the least but got better afterwards..
heres a short description..

I mailed a week prior to my stay to request a early check in and also called a day before to do the same but when I arrived at the hotel the room was not ready.. speaking the the guy at reception (who was not at all helpful) he said that the person in the room is a procard member and can check out later the the normal check out times (I am a procard member as well so cant I get early check in?).. none the less he said I should be able to check in by 2pm or 3pm (normal check in is at 2pm so why later than that?) I had to leave my family at the hotel in the reception area at 12 to go to mosque as it was Friday (the reason I requested the early check in).. when I left I spoke to another lady who said that my room will be ready at 2 .. when I arrived back at about 2.30pm still nothing!!! apparently they had a guest who refused to leave the room (and they made their problem my problem) as I was suppose to check in by 2.. by now I was really upset and took a refund and left the hotel and decided to seek alternate accommodation.. just before leaving I called the GM Garry Coetser (who was not in at the time) and told him about the issues pathetic service from the hotel (except for one lady Momay who was really nice to us) .. within a few minutes he called me back to apologise and requested that I come back but I was on the highway out already.. a while later he called again and asked me to come back again as he had sorted out the problem with the room and had it all cleaned and ready for us to move in.. from there on everything changed.. the service seemed much better than previously and I really enjoyed the stay.. the room I booked was a suite and that was superb..
I must say that Gary really assisted and went the extra mile to make our stay even better.. small things like putting sweets and chocolates and juices in the room for the kids made a world of difference as after an exhausting day for them it just brought out the smiles.. huge thanks to Gary for all of his help .. had it not been for him I would not have gone back to the hotel ever again.. Gary in my rating gets 5 stars for service but not the hotel in this review for obvious reasons

Room Tip: suite is great.. other rooms are quite small
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CrystalTowers, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mohammed N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments after your recent stay at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.
Once again please accept my most sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced on arrival at the hotel. I thank you from the depth of my heart for affording my TEAM and I the opportunity to rectify and address the shortcomings.
Your commendations of Mornay in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have shared your comments with her!
Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you and the family to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa again in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.
African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

As it happens, when you travel for business, you go wherever you are booked. The hotel is nice, clean, charming, situated in the Century city where you can find a lot of shopping and mall(s), a casino and who knows what else.
The rooms are really nice and stylish, clean. Service is generally nice, somewhat slow, but concierge/travel support could be improved as well as the offered transfer to the city center/Water front as I paid between 130 and 180 which is quite a difference. In addition, it appeared that the fitness center is in fact across the street not in the building itself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear LoraTravelling
Thank you for taking the time to write down your feedback after your recent stay with us. Our location next to Canal Walk shopping centre is convenient and only the second largest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere. One is sure to be pleased on the variety of shopping; retail; entertainment; etc. that the shopping Centre has offer. However, if one can’t find what they are looking for there, they can take the complimentary scheduled shuttle to the V&A Waterfront and City Centre for much continued shopping.
Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa again soon.
Jenine Booysen
GUEST Relations Manager
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great service
food excellent
hotel generally the best you can get
The conference facilities and the service you get during the meetings are just too good to be true simply brilliant.
This Hotel is ideally situated and is very central for Cape Town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ganks1

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It’s an absolute pleasure to share your comments on to the entire TEAM. We look forward to welcoming you back to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Jenine Booysen
GUEST Relations Manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hotel is lovely but how honestly don't think is go back. I live in cape town & just needed a break away. The hotel entrance etc was lovely. I found the decor in the rooms a bit distracting. Especially the pink and purple lighting. Trying too hard to be modern/ edgy. This may appeal to some. Breakfast was great. The spa was good and it's well situated to canal walk shipping centre. The only thing I didn't like was the decor other than that lovely place.

• Stayed March 2013
CrystalTowers, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear FerialO

We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.

We therefore wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Should you require any assistance from our side in future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Best regards
Strand, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Perfect destination to spoil someone and yourself. High tech hotel with attention to detail. Excellent Prokard discounts and walking over bridge to endless shopping and a shuttle to waterfront. Valet parking is great and the wifi perfect. Lots of options i.t.o restaurants. On site there are 3 good restaurants

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of Table Mountain. Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jannie

It’s an absolute pleasure to read your review and please be assured I will share this with the TEAM.

We are happy you had the opportunity to “live the Crystal Life”.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Staff are friendly and welcoming!! Food is divine and amazingly presented!! Rooms....beautiful, sleek and everything a girl could ask for!! A must for anyone in search of the perfect ultimate get away in the city!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up which over looks Table Mountain
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CrystalTowers, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear “Pure Bliss”

Thank you for your review and most of all thank you for your compliments received.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa again soon.

Best Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our stay has been great despite a few hiccups on the way when we just arrived , the service definitely made up for it by 3 specific people namely Garry the manager , Wendy and Jenine booysen (guest relations manager ) and Abas the head chef which I mus commend as they have made our stay over the last 2weeks very with while and an absolute pleasure to be here and come back again . It's the small things and attention to finer detail that count and hav made our stay very enjoyable and a lasting impression ..from the nougat treats on turn down to the hello kitty bed spread for the kids to the temper pillows on request .. Food was Awsome in trying to accomadate and see to every ones needs .. The hotel went out of there way to make arrangements to baby sit our kids and they had an absolute blast and were spoilt rotten ! we were pleasantly surprised with the most beautiful little cupcakes with there names on it to the lucky packets to the play station for the kids which was left in the room for them for there use . Once again I'm highly grateful for giving us an opportunity to enjoy the hotel the way we should have and see it in a different light and exceeded our expectations especially in the last 3nights if our stay !
Sadly and Lastly I'm goin to be quite biast and Floridian about my bad encounter and disappointment at the spa - I booked this hotel specifically for the fact that we heard the spa was going to b great but unfortunately did not live up to my expectations . They made no effort to accommodate us with a booking
Of any sort of massage .. While I have been begging them on copious occasions from the 22 of December till this day but never availability and service of the front desk staff at the spa have been a great disappointment to my family and myself in accommodating even one person especially coming all the way from Durban on holiday.. And they need to buck up on there service instead of pulling the hotels reputation down and try to please or acvomadate more in house guests during there busy time . I jus feel they are all out rude and not willing to care or not bother turning guests away , nor is there ever a pleasant smile on there face. They advertise about vouchers for sale but then don't want you to use it during your stay of dec so what's the point ? And then can only give it as a gift and not use it on a spouse or yourself ? And I have been to many spas namely the 1and only , mount Nelson , Westin and the 12 apostles to name a few but the experience at this spa has unfortunately been an epic fail ..nevertheless the hotel definitely made up for my bad encounter with the spa .. Once again well done crystal towers on making out stay so enjoyable and I will def recommend this hotel to other guests ! Keep up the high standard ! I was really impressed even compared to the Starwood groups and the Hilton's and westins all around the world ! Thank you once again! Once again thank you to Jenine and Garry for making out stay unforgettable and exceeding our expectations beyond in every manner and making our extension of our stay worth every minute !

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Mrs Lockhat

It is with great delight that we receive your review. Your feedback is truly invaluable to us and highly appreciated.

Your commendations of Jenine; Chef Abbas ;and Wendy in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated them for doing such an outstanding job!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your visit to the Spa and confirm therefore that your feedback has been shared with the Spa TEAM.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, please feel free to contact me personally for any assistance you may require from our side in future.

We hope that you and the family will be staying with us again soon!

Best Regards
African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa

Been to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!