“Anything on the menu is good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olde's Pub and Grill

Olde's Pub and Grill
14 Grey Street, Knysna, 6570, Garden Route, South Africa, Knysna 6570, South Africa
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 120 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Kimberley, South Africa
“Anything on the menu is good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great little place in a side street away from the hectic main street. Finished up the plates of my friends and recommend the ribs, chicken and steak. Great atmoshered and crisp beer on tap. Service was outstanding. Go there hungry and get the ribs!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Lots of character”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had ribs here and they were everything they were claimed to be! Delicious.

Real olde world pub with pub grub. We took are own wine which I would advise as it is more a pint sort of place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sedgefield, South Africa
“Tripadvisor failed us miserably! Disgusting ribs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were craving ribs for a while and used Tripadvisor to find Olde’s in Knysna.
They got great reviews for their ribs, but I can only use the word disgusting to sum up our experience!
I cannot believe so many people rave about it!
Every part of our meal was just so over the top bad.
The Greek salad we shared as a starter had slimy leaves hidden in the bottom (is the chef blind or just doesn’t care?)
The ribs had absolutely NO colour on; they clearly did not touch a grill and looked like it was warmed up in the microwave.
The basting was a type of cheap tasting extremely sweet chutney (could see the pieces of fruit chutney on the ribs) The ribs was so overcooked it was impossible to pick it up and eat it, because the meat fell from the bone on the plate.
The chips tasted heavily of calamari/fish and the vegetables was probably the worst – carrots and peas, still cold in the middle (tasted like freezer), the peas was not green, but shrivelled up and grey looking.
We did complain, but nothing happened, so we paid and left!
We did not even want to take the ribs home for our dog!
Every time I think of eating in Knysna now I have this very bad memory and will rather go to Sedge, Wilderness of George.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great Pub Top Grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Literally one of the best filet steaks I ever had and my father is a butcher! Went back second night for awesome BBQ ribs. Charlie terrific service -thanks. Very casual sports / music themed ambience with big outdoor space too. Much move friendly and better value than nearby Olive Tree. Great value high quality steak in particular!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandra, New Zealand
“Can't go past the ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After spotting a sign out front promoting the ribs my husband and I decided to give this a try on a recent 4 night stay in Knysna. We were not disappointed.

This is not a fancy restaurant, it's a comfortable, friendly pub. The beer is cold, the ambiance casual and the ribs probably the tenderest, meatiest I've had in a long time. If you like pork ribs this place is worth a visit. My husband was in heaven with the ribs in front of him and some cricket on the TV.

Nice, friendly service, good value dining.

• Visited May 2013