“oh no ?” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
port elizabeth south africa
“oh no ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

this used to be the best spot in knysna for sundowners and oysters......... what a pitty the service is bad ,in experienced waiters if it where not for the barman there would be no service.the manageress ambles around eating popcorn and doughnuts which is also sold at an oysterbar??????????? please this is a great spot / a team of good staff and source same good oysters/ will be back to hopefully see a good sunset and oysters

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent oysters!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This quaint restaurant has excellent oysters and you cannot beat the price!! They have live music on weekends which sets a lively atmosphere. It was lovely to sit outside next to the lake while watching the sun set over the lake!

Visited December 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Can't beat the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this place on a rainy night and just needed some fast grub after a long day of travel. The place can look a bit scruffy and dingy but it does also give you a more local flavor. We did not get the oysters as we were both not big oyster fans. We got the 1KG prawns with rice. The prawns were decent size and the portion was just right for the both of us. Some might say that the prawns were completely overcooked. I rather they overcook it then get food poisoning. At least the seasoning on the prawns were good. DO NOT get the rice. It was gross and bland. Visit this place only if you can appreciate budget style dinning.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town
“Not for me.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have eaten here many times before and had great fresh oysters, but the last time we ate here the oysters were in a big cooler box and they were not good. We ended up eating a couple each and left. Cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Cigarette butts lying all over the place and just scruffy.They will never see us again. Very disappointing.

Visited July 2012
Northwest England UK
“The Oystercatcher oyster bar---delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place was recommended to us by a friend of my family who live in SA. He just happens to be the skipper of a fishing vessel and when I told him of my intention to eat oysters and drink champagne in Knysna, he asked me if I wanted a 'fancy' place or just good food. Fortunately I chose good food with no frills and I'm so glad I did! Huge plate of prawns, deep bowl full of ravishingly delicious mussels, a tasty selection of cooked and uncooked oysters...all washed down with a bottle of excellent South Afrcan fizz! My other half chose the SA Merlot....an excellent wine! The view from the windows over the lagoon is beautiful, especially at sunset. Altogether a wonderful experience!

Visited October 2012