The booking made at Peace of Eden was based on what is portrayed on their website as a very cozy and unique place, where one can take a special person for a special occasion and spend good time. This is the impression we had when booking the accommodation for my special gentleman who was visiting South Africa for the first time! To our surprise, we ended up being surprised by what we found in reality and we were extremely disappointed as we had planned to stay at the Peace of Eden for 3 days.
Our disappointment is evidenced by the following:
• There was dirty water at the place; both from the tap and flashing water (see pictures)
• Holes in mosquito net which renders it useless (see pictures)
• The cabinets were dirty
• No towels in the bathroom
• No glasses in the kitchen
• Very unfriendly welcome
• Very late arrival due to imprecise address and wrong GPS coordinates
• Departed earlier than planned but host still insisted first of all on paying the pending amount for the third night instead of refunding the second night we had already paid. We only stayed there for one night (5 hours to be precise!).
• Overall price-performance ratio very bad, especially as compared to the hotel we stayed at the next day, Royal Knynsa Hotel, located in a nearby town. While Peace of Eden didn’t, that hotel “even” included A/C and a delicious breakfast – all that at a significantly lower rate.
Based on the above, our rating for Peace of Eden is as follows:
Value for Money: Zero Star (Starless)
Customer Service 1 Star
Cleanliness 1 Star
Location 3 Stars
Safety 3 Stars
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peace of Eden eco Retreat and Traveller's Lodge is tucked away on the edge of a magical forest, yet only 8km's off the N2,the main coastal Highway from Cape Town to Durban.We offer comfortable creative woodcutter Cottages for 2 adults plus 1 child, a spacious Barn Cabin for a large family or group of 8 friends, a cosy fairy tale double story Cottage and furnished retro canvas Tents on timber decks in the forest. A nature lovers paradise! You can expect simplicity with comfort, warm friendly hosts, helpful staff and 2 retired horses Ms Muffit and Bilbo Baggins who love a pat and give you a wet kiss for a carrot.Whilst nature entertains abundantly you may be lucky enough to bump into an assortment of well known South African Musician's recording at their award winning Recording Studio. If you are looking for a peaceful place to holiday or a mystical forested one night stay then Peace of Eden is the perfectly placed to explore all the amazing beauty of the Garden Route now a proclaimed and protected National Park where wild life abounds,the vast lakes mesmerise and the last remaining wild elephants roam freely in the forest gorges in the blue tinted Mountains surrounding this breathtaking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Peace of Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.