“Warm and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Warm and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Actually popped in for a last drink - but being supper time felt obliged to eat (not pushed :-) ) - had the veg soup which was lovely. Will return next time when we are more hungry.

Visited July 2013

Wilderness, South Africa
“great service, very average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We decided to try something new when we were in Knysna ... and were very dissapointed. My fiance ordered the ribs which were very dry and overdone. I ordered the chilli chicken and prawns. It came with a huge amount of garnish. The chicken was burnt black and unedible, so I sent it back. (in the meatime I ate the 6 medium prawns) the second time the chicken was brought back it was exactly the same burnt black. When I complained again the manager told me "that is how it comes, it's because of the basting" I find it hard to believe that people would eat such burnt food ... They removed the food, asked if I'd like to oder any other mains which I declined. We then asked for the bill. On receiving the bill I noticed I was charged full price for the meal, I called the manager to enquire and she said she'd rectify it. I was then charged about 65% of the price of that meal. To stay I will never eat there again is an understatement. Management skills are sadly lacking and excuses for burnt food is unbelievable!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Wonderful Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent the day in Knysna and surrounds on business and we had dinner at the Drydock at the Waterfront.

We had a delicious Seafood Pasta's and we shared a wonderful bottle of White Wine as recommended by your friendly and helpful waitress. The location is beautiful and the atmosphere was relaxing.

Thank-you
Amanda

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Decent meal, great venue, but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very decent food. Prime position on the waterfront but it was a very average experience. I feel they are simply trading on the venue and I think it could be way better. I wouldn't go back as there are way better eating experiences in Knysna.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Service was terrible and food was not that good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The view from the Drydock is awesome as you have a view of the water activities and the waterfront stores.
Unfortunately we were disappointed by the lack of good service and the food was not worth the money.
Wouldn't suggest this as a number one place to eat at the waterfront.

Visited May 2013