“Always lucky to find a table” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rossi's Italian Restaurant

Rossi's Italian Restaurant
10 High Street, Hermanus 7200, South Africa (Formerly Rossi's)
+27 28 312 2848
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 77 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Rossi's is a reasonably priced, family restaurant with a lively, friendly atmosphere, excellent food, great service and outstanding value.Meals are prepared in full view and cooked in traditional wood burning pizza ovens. Specialities include amazing thin based pizzas, pastas, unique wood-fired oven baked line fish and seafood. Rossi's steaks and ribs are also legendary in Hermanus.
Itala, Italy
“Always lucky to find a table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The best dinner is usually reservations... and when we had a long day and don't feel like cooking, a quick trip to Rossi's is just the answer. Their pizza's are crisp, thin and delicious. The minimum of ingredients - like it should be - this is true Italian. I love the spicy chicken livers, just wonderful for a cold, rainy night. The service is fast and I have to mention Melony. She keeps glasses filled and are so attentive to all her customers.
Great value pizzas made a wood burning oven. Rossi's is always filled to capacity and therefor noisy. It seems South Africans loves to chat loudly to one another.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Oscar and Rochelle Wyld”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Best Pizza i have ever tasted and the service was outstanding will difinitely be back here. Never made a booking but they still accomadated us and made sure that we were comfortable.

Visited March 2014
Potter Bar, Herts (near London), England
“Great Value Italian style eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews and can only speak from our experience.

We were recommended and had a table reservation made. When we arrived it was raining cats and dogs! and we were glad to get inside and be dry.

On entering we had a very warm and friendly greeting and were seated at a table of our choice. It was also very warm. whilst they had outside seating this is clearly only suitable in the summer and when it is not wet.

It was also good that a car watcher was outside to look after our car as our visit was in the evening.

Our waiter was jovial and helped make the evening good fun.

We had typical Italian dishes Pizza and Pasta and every dish had generous portions and each was very tasty and prices were very reasonable compared to many places in Hermanus.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hermanus, South Africa
“DISGUSTING SERVICE/ATTITUDE FROM OWNER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Took pensioner friend for lunch and all seemed good until I complained the pizzas were dry. It looked like they had been sitting around for a day, all dried up. Was offerred replacement medium pizza which I refused and requested to see Manager/owner. What a rude man! Accused me of smoking a cig while the pizzas was on our table. I WAS AT THE TABLE when pizzas arrived, my friend was smoking. He told me he had us filmed on camera which I asked to see and he ignored. He then accussed me of not having enough money to pay for the food. HUH! Then he threatened to call the police which I agreed to, and ADT arrived. Really! They could do nothing. What a waste of ADT's time. My friend ended up paying as she was scared I would have a heart attack. So IF YOUR PIZZA IS DRY, AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHY, CALL ADT.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rossi's M, General Manager at Rossi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
Dear Charisse

We can only apologise for our previous manager's behaviour during your visit and assure you that nothing like this will ever happen to you or anyone else at Rossi's again. We take customer complaints very seriously and when a customer is not happy we do everything in our power to put things right.

If you are still in Hermanus we hope that you will visit Rossi's soon so that we can make it up to you.
Underberg, South Africa
“Authentic with a limit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

An average evening out with family. The restaurant was extremely busy and things were not running smoothly. Our starters came at least 15mins apart and the main course was average. Not the best cut of rump I have eaten, but the gorganzolla sauce covered the sins beneathe.

Perhaps a try out of season might redeem them, but otherwise not on my list of places to eat in whale city.

• Visited December 2013