We were given a free upgrade (without asking) to a bigger room with most of the balcony facing the ocean. The room is large even with 3 adults. The toilet/shower/bath is huge, larger than one of my bedrooms at home. The queen size bed is comfortable. We were allowed free late check out.
The hotel wifi is strong, within bedrooms, in garden, etc. There is an onsite resident masseur who gives relaxing massages at reasonable prices. Hotel is well kept and maintained. It has a grand entrance and nice ambience. The hotel is quiet and peaceful. The front of the hotel is Marine Drive, and beyond that is a cliff, with the sea below and waves crashing into the rocks. At the right time, you can see whales, but sadly they did not come when we were there. One block away is the town centre. Within walking distance (5 – 10 minutes) are small museums, shops, supermarket, etc.
Service: prompt and attentive. When we inquired about a restaurant serving South African food, they called up to confirm it is open, drew map for us, etc. One of us had to leave very early for his golf. The hotel packed sandwiches, fruit, juice, etc. Breakfast is a wide spread of buffet, with 6 hot foods and some typical South African food. Eggs are cooked to our specification.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your ultra luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The popular Waves Restaurant for buffet breakfasts with stunning sea views and the new WAVES Restaurant for Lunch & Dinners with cosy fireplace. Enjoy the Sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Booking.com, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique