We were a group arrival of 14, on arrival we were greeted by two friendly porters who promptly took care of our bags. We were welcomed to the hotel by the receptionist an English woman I think she was the assistanct manager, very friendly. She had kindly organised for our rooms to be in the main hotel so we were all given complimentary upgrades and were near each other. The rooms were bright and spacious. Later when we came back the room had been turned down, two chocolates left on the side table & a lovely red rose. The next morning we were looking forward to a lovely lie in & my boyfriend was a bit put out to be woken up by the receptionist calling us to see if we would be going for breakfast. The hotel is beautiful, a lovely library with a great selection of books you can borrow, a PC with free internet access and a great chess board. Over all we had a great time in this hotel and I would recommend to stay, we were lucky to be have given a good price and I dont know if we would have stayed if we had been charged their rack rate. My only issues were that on our first evening their was no hot water for a shower, if you dont eat the chocolates that are left out for turn down they are taken away the next morning and I called to reception at 9.45pm to ask if it was possible to get a mineral and was told that there was no room service or no where in the hotel to get a drink even though it says that the restaurant is open until 10pm. But again over all we had an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your ultra luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The popular Waves Restaurant for buffet breakfasts with stunning sea views and the new WAVES Restaurant for Lunch & Dinners with cosy fireplace. Enjoy the Sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Odigeo, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique