We stayed here for the first five nights of a two week trip to South Africa. Our initial booking and transfer from CPT were very efficient and we were warmly greeted on arrival. That warmth set the tone for our stay because without fail all the staff were charming and efficient. Our room (junior suite) was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. We ate in The Seafood the first night because we were too tired to look at the local alternatives but we enjoyed the food and ambience so much that we ate there the next three as well. The final night of our stay we ate in The Pavilion for a change and we were very impressed indeed. The pool area is small but not crowded when we were there but we were disappointed with the breakfast: the juices, fruit and cereals were not up to standard for a hotel of this quality and price range. Hermanus is delightful and The Marine is in the prime position to take full advantage of what the town has to offer. We will be going back.
- Also Known As:
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel Hermanus
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel
- The Marine Hotel Hermanus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marine is one of the southern hemisphere’s most spectacular seaside Relais & Chateaux properties. Perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus's Walker Bay, The Marine boasts 42 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. This unforgettable property overlooks South Africa’s most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone’s throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to September guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the comfort of their beautiful sea-facing bedroom. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this remarkable owner managed property – from the personal service to the exceptional cuisine which is overseen by The Collection by Liz McGrath’s Grand Chef, Peter Tempelhoff, the perfect-for-sundowners Sun Lounge and the in-house Carchele Beauty Spa. Each piece of The Marine story adds another element to an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Marine Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.