“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had an incredible lunch at Creation Wines in September 2013. The menu is incredible with great wines that can all be ordered by the glass. Also great food and wine pairing options, and interestingly food is chosen of the wine menu based on pairing suggestions.

The service was friendly and efficient, and both out waitress and the chef went the extra mile to prepare the most incredible dairy and gluten free dishes for my girlfriend who is highly allergic to both. He specially prepared a special wine pairing experience for her with canapes and wine being paired, as well as main course and desert.

I was also impressed by all the staff who knew their food and wine well.

Creation is a beautiful venue with incredible views and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for good food and wine!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting Raymond and for the great review! We hope to welcome you back soon.

95% Recommend
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Some places you never forget.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was actually researching my next trip to the Hemel en Aarde region, based on my fantastic experience to Creation, when I realised, that I had never reviewed it! The reason I am making a point of coming back to this area is because of my last years afternoon
here and it has inspired me to see more of the HeA winelands. Finding Creation was a dusty and rocky process, but no pain....no gain! The result was worth every speck of dust! We were 4 adults and two young children and we booked the wine pairing menu. There was a fabulous inconspicuous kids room that kept my two small ones entertained from start to finish and without disturbing any other guests. That alone, is worth it's weight in gold(if your a parent of smallies!!)

I am a keen photographer and the angles of the vines, like rows of soldiers, in the somewhat sheltered valley are just breathtaking. There is something very unique about knowing that the coast is just around the corner.

The tasting menu was wonderful(to get back to the main point) and to this day, Creation wine is one of my favourites......Because of my believe in trying somewhere different, I may not get to Creation this year, but I will be close by and I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. x

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely words and for visiting us! We hope to see you back soon!

Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Highly recommend the Canapés and artisianal chocolate wine pairing tastings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My Wife and I stopped at 4 different wineries along R320. Creation was our favorite. You can try 8 wines that are paired with canapés for $12. There are 4 wines that are paired with their signature chocolates for $9. The canapés are delicious and go perfectly with the wines. The sommelier spent a lot of time at our table discussing the flavors of the wine and how the selection complemented the canapé. My favorite was the small cup of blue cheese soup. We are not "wine people" and the staff was happy to answer questions. We enjoyed the experience and learning more about wines. This is very different than the other wineries where the service is very good but you just taste the wines and then move on. Creation has created a tasting experience that allows you to sample a wide range of wines and how they will compliment a meal.

We also tried the chocolate and wine tasting. We have never tasted chocolate like this! Rather than the standard process of matching the wine to an existing chocolate, the chocolate was created to match the wine. The owner of the winery had four of their wines sampled to determine the exact flavors of the wine (fruit, spice, etc). A ourside comany created 4 different chocolate bars that match the flavors of the wine. There are white, dark and milk chocolate bars. When you eat the chocolate it tastes like the accompanying wine. You can buy the chocolate bars (only sold at the winery) as well as the wines.

Highly recommend for a unique experience. Don't miss this wine route when you visit Hermanus. It is very different than Stellenbosch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting us on the estate Lenny and for taking the time to post such a lovely review! We hope you stop by when back in SA again.
Orsa, Sweden
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had the best time at Creation. The Wine is excellent and with the food pairing it's a unforgettable experience. The view is to die for.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and for visiting with us! Be sure to stop by again!

Durban, South Africa
“Awesome three hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to quiz and what a lovely three hours worth spending there, super fire and a comfortable couch to relax, Natasha served us and there were lots of laughs and money well spent. Gem in the hills. Lorraine

Visited August 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back again soon!