“Perspective on Tikka Palace” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 82 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Tikka Palace Restaurant in the Village Centre Hermanus offers exquisite traditional Indian & Pakistani cuisine by candle light. All at a reasonable rate! During whale season guests are also amazed by the performance of the whales in the ocean opposite Village Centre.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Perspective on Tikka Palace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

I have passed the Tikka palace a few times and always wonder why there are so few people in the restaurant. This image was strongly apposed by the majority of reviews listed, with the exception of Schleepy. We diced to try it out and now I can put some perspective on things. There is an Indian restaurant in Stellenbosch on a corner in Dorp street, if you were to give that a 10 out of 10 for taste then the Tikka palace comes in at a 6 out of 10. The food is fresh but the flavors are different from Indian food I know, might be that the chef is from a different part of India. Would I go to Tikka Palace again, unfortunately I would save up and return to the 10 out of 10 one as the flavor appeals more to me.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

This restaurant is well themed, positioned and it's menu has reasonable depth. I would caution large groups even if pre booking as I had a sense of over promise. Some of the dishes were authentic and tasty. A few were too strong despite requests for mild and a couple were raw . I was disappointed that we were asked to pay for these dishes. Good option if small group in this part of the western cape.

st francis bay
“we love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

If you love Indian food, then do yourself a favour and visit Tikka Palace. Situated upstairs next door to a national fish franchise,you can't miss it. Its not necessary to book - yet. I don't understand why this establishment is not full. The owner is the nicest sweetest man, his staff are attentive and knowledgable.
And the food is excellent. A group of us,4 adults visited last week and not one of us was dis-appointed. I had the Dhal Makhni with garlic naan bread - delicious. Others at the table had chicken tikka masala, Jalfrezi chicken also with naan breads and everyone was oohing and aahing. Portions are just right. They are not licensed so one has to take ones own wine. All in all we had a lovely evening. Well worth the climb up the stairs

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town, South Africa
“Tikka Palace....best kept secret of Hermanus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

My wife and I had taken an easter break in Hermanus and decided to try the tikka palace opposite the main rd fleamarket. We had the masala prawn with chips and butter chicken and enjoyed it thoroughly that we came back the next day to try other dishes. I had the chicken korma and found this even tastier than the butter chicken while my wife decided to try the yellow tail fish curry which she found superb. We enjoyed our meals so much that we decided to come back the Monday as well and I tried the popular lamb rogan josh and I was certainly not disappointed.

By the 3rd day, we were feeling as if we were old friends of the owner who always came to personally check on us and Brenda (the manager) was so warm and friendly that we can literally say this was the best 3 days we have enjoyed eating out ever.

We often come to Hermanus and are so thrilled that we now have Tikka Palace to look forward to. :)

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great halal option in Hermanus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

We visited the place for lunch when it was quiet. We were the only customers and the place lacked atmosphere. The food was great and the manager went out of her way to serve us despite not really being too familiar with the menu. The owner did come in while we were there... we expected her to greet but she wasn't too friendly (perhaps having a bad day).... They were out of milk to make milkshakes (kids request) ~ but we were in great spirits so we chose something else.

• Visited March 2015