“Good food and value for money.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 77 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Description: The Tikka Palace Restaurant in the Village Centre Hermanus offers exquisite traditional Indian & Pakistani cuisine by candle light. All at a reasonable rate! During whale season guests are also amazed by the performance of the whales in the ocean opposite Village Centre.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good food and value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

Food was tasty and the portion sizes quite substantial.
The food took some time to arrive - we were a group of 11 but the restaurant had no other patrons at the time.

Visited November 2014

Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

I have been here a few times, as it is the only authentic Indian in town. There have been days where I couldn't fault it and the dishes were mouth watering, really tasty .... well most of them, there always seems to be one that no one wants to taste more than once. I suspect that a lot of the food is pre-frozen, which is not a problem (with Indian it could enhance the flavour) but if not done properly can be swimming in water and is tasteless at its best. But as a whole the food is truly delicious on weekends and busy times. It is in the centre of town but unless you book by the window (and facing the sea direction) you will not have a view.

Visited July 2014
“taken to India and back in two hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014 via mobile

my wife , I and my son thought for a change from fish in hermanus we would try the eastern cusine.Eating here transports you to india and back with the delicate array of eastern flavours served to us that only a highly competent indian kitchen can achieve...well done..(Just love those naan breads for wiping the plates clean)

Visited October 2014
“Best vegetable biryani”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

I had lunch at Tikka Palace during the Whale Festival early October. I had been walking around a bit looking for something vegetarian. I received a good welcome and great friendly service. The vegetable biryani I had was the best ever with fresh vegetables, tofu and an awesome blend of spices and fluffy rice. I enjoyed the stillness of the place and the Pakistani music too. Keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Very impressed with quality of food ingrdients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Me and my partner dined there in September 2014. Service was quick and efficient. Our food arrived sooner than initially indicated - just the way I like it - piping hot. I know fresh, excellent quality meat, chicken etc when I see and taste it. Thumbs up to Tikka Palace. I cannot wait to try their Sunday buffet lunch (when available).

• Visited September 2014