“Simply delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 82 Restaurants in Hermanus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh, healthy and sustainable is the emphasis at this sociable, casual rendezvous in Hermanus. Open for dinner, breakfast, lunch and coffee - the menu has been refreshed and modernised. The wine list offers a wide selection from the region. All cakes and pastries made in the pastry kitchen on the premises are also on sale in the Deli. Dining options: Breakfast, light meals, lunch and dinner.Ambience: Comfortable, contemporary and cool.OPEN MON - SAT: 8h00 - 21h00 SUN: 8h00 - 15h00
London, United Kingdom
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I enjoyed an early dinner here while spending a night in Hermanus. The wine selection is varied and very reasonably priced. I ordered bobotie a traditional south African dish which was beautifully presented with homemade chutney. My friend had the roast chicken and chips although I gobbled down a few of these too. I shouldn't have ordered dessert as I was so full but greed got the better of me and I dived into a caramel cheesecake which was very yummy and enormous.
I would recommend Savannah cafe as a great spot for dinner, the artwork on the walls is fabulous as well done by a local hermanus artist. The bill was far less then we expected.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Bit disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for dessert and coffee after having had dinner elsewhere. It was recommended by other locals.
We ordered a coffee and a sago pudding with custard. The sago arrived in a cereal bowl (it looked like I was getting a owl of jungle oats ), and the custard was box custard! I was disappointed in that it was so unimaginative, and the staff did not seem to concerned about there presentation. The service in general ,left much to be desired.

shropshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited Savannah for dinner - Excellent food, excellent service, contemporary environment and really good value for money. Most enjoyable

Dinner was so good we went back for lunch the next day - equally good. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Hermanus

johannesburg
“Feeling@home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Savannah Cafe is centrally located, we could walk everywhere from there, as we were enjoying lunch and a glass of local wine- we surprisingly had a view of the ocean...what a lovely surprise.

Food overall very fresh, the wraps were completely full of fresh salad and the salmon wrap was delicious! French fries were lovely, defenately prepared with passion. We found the service excellent. As we were visiting for a couple of days the waiters started remembering what we like and received personal attention. My favourites: eggs bennedict,salmon wrap and the lamb ribs!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food & excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Savannah has changed to one of the most popular restaurants in Hermanus. After numerious good reviews from our guests at our guesthouse, we had to investigate ourselves. We went for supper with our Austrian friends, whom was eating there daily during their 2 week visit. I must admit that Rudolph has turned this venue into one of the most popular ones with good food, good service & professionalism.