“The "MUST DO" HUB of the Garden Route” 5 of 5 stars

Fancourt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Montagu Street | Blanco, George 6530, South Africa   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in George
Cape St Francis, South Africa
“The "MUST DO" HUB of the Garden Route”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

OK, I am biased because I was the 1st Golf Director at Fancourt more than 20 years ago when it opened. However, I just returned for a stay and golf with friends who had never been - I was proud to take them there and even happier to be back as a guest! When I refer to great service (by name), great food, great golf (this time at the Links) and great weather, don't for a minute think I am overlooking the great accommodation or the overall beauty that Fancourt brings. Now firmly established as the Hub of the Garden Route, I can proudly say I was there first and glad to be back. Thanks Lloyd for the very personal welcome. Cheers, Karen and your team for keeping it very special!

Room Tip: They are all great! Just choose the amount of room you need.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa T, Client Relations Officer at Fancourt, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. This truly is the highest level of praise we can receive and we feel incredibly proud of Fancourt and the service that we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Client Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Fancourt last week. From the moment I arrived till I left I was treated like an absolute VIP. It was the most incredible experience!!! Truly mind blowing. Exceeded all expectations and more!!!
The staff are all very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The Manor House a, Guest Relations Manager at Fancourt, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, as always it is a delight to receive such excellent feedback!

After reading this we are all feeling incredibly proud of Fancourt and the work that we passionately carry out to exceed our guests’ expectations on every occasion.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to Fancourt in the not too distant future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you love golf you should make a plan to get here. It is one of the best golfing experiences you can have. The staff attitude is highly commended - nothing is a problem for these guys. I once did not have change so a waiter pulled out his own wallet and gave me R2.

The hotel accomodation is fantastic, although they kept putting on the heating too warm and put it back to hot every day. The warmed tiles were also a pleasure on a cold morning.

The food in the resturants was very good. A more relaxed diner and then a more formal one.

The golf courses were in great nick and very few player were there in July - the off season. The course management is very god and staff also very helpful.

Not close to the beach so if that is your thing you need to be close to the sea.

Room Tip: Get one of the 540 -560 rooms which are an easy walk from teh main clubhouse and the resturants
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review – we are elated that you enjoyed every minute of your time with us. This is the ultimate praise that we can receive and we are celebrating “your stay” and your kind feedback.

It is wonderful for us, as a team, to receive recognition for the personalised service that we offer and for our enthusiasm to accommodate our guests. to our guests.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back "home" to Fancourt in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent service, food, reasonable golf with big fairways for the average golfer think the links a little over rated the only thing that will spoil a great stay will be the bigoted members who spoil the who experience.
Fancourts and staff you provide a high standard and thank you for one of the best stays in a resort experienced, just need to sort out the crazy SA children who should be on ridalin as a real problem with guest (I have 2 children and never seen such crazy behaviour
Again 1st class Fancourts and staff you could teach a lot of resorts quality and service one of the worlds best !

Room Tip: Upgrade to suites
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comprehensive review. It is always a pleasure to receive such honest and detailed feedback. I will share both your praise and constructive feedback with my colleagues.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed our guest’s needs and expectations, and your review has highlighted some areas for improvement that I will address with my colleagues so we can further advance the offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the family soon!

Paarl, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Recently spent two nights at Fancourt with my family during the school holidays. Was once again a great experience and certainly remains one of the best golf and family destinations in SA. Only one complaint and that was the spa being full for our stay so my wife was not able to use, so book in advance. Will certainly return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of Fancourt!

It was our absolute pleaure welcoming you and your family back to Fancourt.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed every minute of your time with us. We strive for this exact level of service excellence and it is a joy to read and share your review with my colleagues.

We apologise for the incovenience of the Spa being fully booked. We will gladly pre-book any treatments you require in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The four of us (me, wife and kids aged 7 and 3) spent a week at Fancourt on vacation. Overall, I have given the experience a 4 out of 5, because a 5 out of 5 would mean EVERYTHING is perfect, which is wasn't. However, I cannot fault the management for rectifying the little nigglies we had, especially Lisa!

So let me give some detail...

Room: the room was very comfortable. We stayed in the 5 series rooms and had a 1 bedroom suite. The room was spacious and the staff accomodated our kids with nice beds on the floor. The goodnight biscuits with their names on at night, was a very nice touch However, we did feel that the cleaning staff sometimes didn't do as good a job cleaning, especially the bathroom.

Food: we ate at the club bar, La Cantina and Morning Glory. The food was good and the service acceptable. The sushi at Morning Glory is excellent. The kids menu will last about a week and the portions are huge! We ended up letting the two kids share a meal sometimes.

Facilities: awesome facilities. The kids club is great. I used the gym a few times and its one of the better hotel gyms I've used. They are doing a lot to diversify from only golf and you won't be bored with all the activities they have. During the holiday they have a full program from 9 till 16h30!

Golf: what can I say!!!! This is definitely in the top 3 in SA! A must if you are a golfer.

I would definitely recommend a stay at the Fancourt hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Lisa T, Client Relations Officer at Fancourt, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your comprehensive review of Fancourt and for my mention, I am blushing with pride!

It is wonderful for us, as a team, to receive recognition for the personalised service that we offer and for our enthusiasm to accommodate our guests. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed our guests needs and expectations, and your review has highlighted some areas for improvement that I will address with my colleagues so we can further advance the offering to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a 5/5 stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked for one night stay over at very short notice. Service was friendly and excellent from the first touch point to the last. The room was neat and clean and they went out of their way to accommodate our two children in the same room as us. Breakfast was very good with a wide choice and in spite of the restaurant being very busy, service was still top notch. The surroundings with the golf course are stunning and I got some really nice pictures at sunrise. I fell in love with the place again and will definitely be back. If I can say one negative thing, it would be the need for them to also offer a light dinner menu at their main restaurant as the more casual Italian restaurant was fully booked and I suspect will always be fully booked on busy nights.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of Fancourt. We are delighted that you were “wowed” on a short visit and are looking forward to coming back. Hopefully next time you can stay with us for a longer holiday.

Fancourt is a beautifully picturesque resort for any budding photographers and there are many photo opportunities with the breathtaking sunsets and sunrises we are blessed with and then of course the beautifully maintained golf courses and gardens.

Your advice to book dinner in La Cantina as early as possible is very sound as it is a very popular restaurant and I would highly recommend booking your spa, hair and golf as early as you can too as they can get busy!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Client Relations Officer

Been to Fancourt? Share your experiences!