“Delicious Italian fare in George” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 56 restaurants in George
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
“Delicious Italian fare in George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our second visit to La Locanda and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly but the star is the food -we both opted for the pasta specials of the day (ricotta and beetroot panzerotti for my husband and home made tagliatelle with zucchini and prawns for me) and were very impressed. The tiramisu which followed was also very good. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Uplands Plettenberg Bay
“What a stunning pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ray and i went to George to drop a friend off to the airport and get our car serviced - another excuse to visit La Locanda. We had an antipasti of home cured meats and mozzarella and then one of their wood fired pizzas each - divine!! You did it again guys thankyou all so muich for making our day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kfar-Saba, Israel
“Yet another average Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We ate in this restaurant trying to experience again and again the lovely food of South Africa. The food was ok but not more than that.
When getting to the coffee - cappuccino, I explained to the owner that I am longing for a good cappuccino in South Africa and asked whether she does a good one she of course said that she is doing a great one. Well.... It was far from being a good one. I did not drink it... The owner asked if i don't like it and i said that not very much. She did not offer to replace it and she charged us for it.
It felt a bit odd.

Visited May 2013
Arianna S, Owner at La Locanda, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear mam,
I’m really sorry that you did not enjoy our cappuccino, as fist I would like to mention that you must have mistaken me for one of my staff member, I do not serve table usually , I just attend to them from time to time as I have to make sure that everything run smoothly in the restaurant . As for our cappuccino , this is the first time that someone has complain about it… we ONLY use LAVAZZA coffee and we have our staff trained on making the authentic “flat white “ in the proper Italian way.
Perhaps you expected a cappuccino with a lode of froth stack on top of your coffee, unfortunately that is not our style…
regards
George, Western Cape, South Africa
“Excellent food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had a friend with us last night from Cape Town he was amaized by the food and wine choice he says better than in Cape Town . Great evening as usual

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great fettuccine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The prawn fettuccine was fantastic. All of the dishes were highly rated by my friends. The waiting staff were friendly and we had a good night out.

• Visited February 2013