“Happy traveller” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outeniqua Travel Lodge

You added Outeniqua Travel Lodge to your Saves list
Outeniqua Travel Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hostel   |   70 CJ Langenhoven Road | Heatherlands, George, South Africa   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Specialty Lodging in George
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Happy traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have visited Outeniqua Travel Lodge 3 times this year, and every time it felt like I was arriving at 'my home away from home'. Jack (the jack russel) and Pansy (the boss cat) always gives me a warm, loving welcome, as does both Sue and Dawie. The accommodation is comfortable, neat and the garden an oasis to enjoy and admire. I will continue making a pitstop there in future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

With the owners not having a problem that we booked in at late night, I knew this was a place where we (my cats and me) could rest peacefully for the night. Sue and Dawie were so welcoming and friendly it almost felt like I visited family I haven't seen in a long time! Oh and the beautiful, clean, organised home and garden makes you relax instantly. It is affordable and definately a place I would recomend to anybody.Had a great time and will definately go back any time!!

home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Dawie and Sue have created a treasure both indoors and out. Quality and comfort par excellence. I had the best coffee in our two week trip. All rooms are ensuite, dressed in the best linens and decorated with their personal art collection. Such a pleasure to lay back on fluffy pillows with wifi service or gaze out the window to the beautiful garden and pool. The family room has a huge bathtub and a shower large enough for 3! Undercover parking provided. It's a Baz Bus stop so staying over is a nice way to spoil oneself before catching the shuttle to Outshoorn the next day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

If you're in George - stay at Outeniqua! The owners Sue and Dawie were absolutely amazing, driving me anywhere I needed to go and generally taking care of me from the second I arrived until the second I left. The lodge itself is great: clean, comfortable, peaceful, good facilities and pool, and a very homely environment which makes for a great stop off for a few days along the garden route. Thanks for such a lovely stay guys!

Stellenbosch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Unfortunately, George is not the best place to stay at when you are a backpacker since you have to drive to all great places quite a bit. But Sue and Dawie absolutely mad I up for it!!!! They took me anywhere I wanted to go, been extremely helpful to all the guests, the rooms were great. I just enjoyed my stay there, it felt like home to me and very well taken care of. If you stay in George, go to Quenticqua lodge:))))

• Stayed November 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my short stay here, I got the feeling I was at home. Dawie and Sue are very friendly and helpful, especially with helping to get to see the things around the area. The accommodation is very clean and beautifully decorated. They also have an amazing garden and a sweet dog. If you would like to party, this might not be the place, but for me this was a great get away from the busy streets of Cape town. I got more than worth for my money. Thank you Dawie and Sue!

Ennis, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stopped here through the Baz Bus so we could get to Oudtshoorn the next day as they didn't have availability for us that night. This place was fine, clean and comfortable but it was just OK. It's not really a backpackers so don't expect to party or anything, although that was fine for us. The room we stayed in was comfortable but I did find everywhere around the house rather cold. We did have heated blankets which was nice but even the sitting room was rather chilly. It's ok for a night but I wouldn't stop any longer than that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Outeniqua Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!