“Why go anywhere else, if the best is available right on your doorstep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Conservatory

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Conservatory, situated adjacent to the historic Cellars-Hohenort cellar, offers diners unparalleled garden vistas from both the sun-drenched terrace and the indoor tables. Carefully constructed around a giant 300-year-old oak tree, The Conservatory is one of Constantia's finest daily breakfast, lunch and dinner venues. Here the head chef creates hotel classics alongside modern and seasonally influenced dishes. The Conservatory menu places a great emphasis on fresh produce from both The Cellars-Hohenort gardens and local green-friendly suppliers, and this gives it the unique ability to showcase a true taste of the Constantia Valley. Friendly service and an award-winning wine list ensure that The Conservatory offers guests and locals an exceptional everyday dining experience.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Why go anywhere else, if the best is available right on your doorstep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

On Friday 20th June 2014 my wife and I decided that we'll spoil her each day of the weekend for her birthday on Sunday the 22nd by eating at different restaurants.
We first viewed The Conservatory, then the Greenhouse and was immediately impressed with the service we received at the Conservatory, we were in tracksuits when viewing The Conservatory and was treated very well (other establishments often put their noses up when we view in tracksuits, the Conservatory didn't suffer from this abnormality, they treated us the same as when we dressed up later for our 1730Z booking which we reported late).
We had the set menu and wanted the pairing, but had a complication as my wife was unable to consume alcohol(she's pregnant). The Conservatory made a plan and met our demands. Their choice of paired drinks complimented the meal and was very attractive on the eye.
The service we received was out of this world, they made us feel at home and treated us as if we were the only patrons in the restaurant yet there were others in the restaurant who also experienced that special attention(we heard them faintly in the background).
The quality and quantity of food was of a very high standard and it was clear that the chef was a well experienced person who knew his story.
When the bill arrived, I was pleased to see it was cheaper than what I budgeted on.
This evening my wife and I will be dining at the Cullinan Hotel. The Conservatory has set a high standard, lets hope the Cullinan can match up to The Conservatory.
Thank you very much for the wonderful service, we'll definitely pay the Conservatory a visit in future.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I came with a group and we had a set menu but the food and the service was fantastic. For a starter I had the Garden Jerusalem Artichoke soup with crispy duck wonton and that was really nice. I had the oven roasted springbok rump for my main. Now I hadn't eaten springbok up to that point and it has to be one of the best things I have ever eaten - nice portion too. Can't recommend enough.

Visited June 2014
london
2,416 helpful votes 2,416 helpful votes
“Delighful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Fabulous lunch while touring this beautiful part of South Africa. Good quality food and friendly service. Great wines at reasonable prices.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Gourmet tree house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The setting at the conservatory is wonderful. You are elevated at tree canopy level and the restaurant itself is elegantly appointed. The service was friendly and efficient and the food excellent. The wine list is extraordinary and original. My only criticism of the experience was that the wine is overpriced with even the more ordinary options being priced at R 200 _R350. Would go again but not with wine lovers if I am paying.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hilton R, Manager at The Conservatory, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Day

Thank you for your feedback and we are really glad you enjoyed your experience with us at The Conservatory.

With regards to the pricing of our wine list, we will look into it and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Best Regards

Conservatory Management
Sandton, South Africa
“What a splendid place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had an outstanding lunch at The Conservatory. The beautiful young lady serving us was so proffesional and so well informed. She even fetched us some Tonka Beans when we enquired. My two starters were magnificent. The double baked cheese soouffle is to die for. The stting is just so gorgeous with the able practically part of the garden. We will be backwere s

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton R, Manager at The Conservatory, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Day

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and we really hope to have you dine with us again in the near future.

Best Regards