“Filthy restuarant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Greens

Greens
Shop 7, High Constantia, Constantia Main Road, Constantia, Cape Town Central, South Africa
021 794 7843
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Cape Town
“Filthy restuarant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I took my staff for a Pizza at Greens yesterday as a motivational treat because Greens makes the most delicious Pizza in the world. However..... as we were seated close to the kitchen and I was waiting to be served after we ordered our drinks and food. I had a look around and registered pure shock! The place is filthy. The glass devider between kitchen and patrons was smeary with oil and splatter. The walls had black fingerprints everywhere, the till was filthy the walls ( on the way to the bathroom had dried liquid steaks running down from the kitchen (this was indoors) and I started to feel sick to my stomach. Even the wooden panel behind the head of the person across from me was filthy. It was too late to cancel my order and make a scene so I called the manager over and drew his attention to some of what I had noticed just to make him aware of it. Well, he was indignant and defensive stating that all these surfaces get cleaned daily. I left him to blabber on as all I wanted to do was make him aware. When we left I noticed with disgust that even the back of the white outside chairs with pitch black. That place need a good wipe over with disinfectant and a little soapy water.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Eating Out in Constantia”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had the feel of a typical chain of Italian restaurants where the food was average when compared with the better restaurants in the area. However was good value with friendly service

Visited February 2013
york
“greens constantia, contemporary venue, modern menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable lunch, great menu covering omelettes to pizzas to seafood, something for everyone. Pleasant surroundings and good service, would recommend!

Visited February 2013
Winnipeg
“The best food in Constantia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This has become our second home. Great food, great service by wonderful friendly staff and reasonable prices. The best eggs benny ever, wood fired pizzas are wonderful, Karoo lamb on valentines day the best ever. The managers realize they have a loyal following of satisfied repeat customers. WEll done!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chichester, United Kingdom
“good food but bad service and other issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The location of this restaurant is good and the food was excellent but the service was poor with our main courses forgotten. Apologies were given but waiting over an hour for a pizza and a pasta dish was unacceptable.

There were also a number of "free range" children running around the tables, playing cricket etc whilst their uncaring parents ate their meals. Sadly teh parents had no concern for other diners.

We had been told how good this restauarant was but we will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013