“nice pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pizza & Pasta, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
cape town
“nice pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

a good place to go for a fast pizza. enjoyed the outside smoking section. the staff are friendly and effecient.

Visited January 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fantastico!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This has to be one of my favourite discoveries in Cape Town in recent memory. By no means a new addition to the scene, this restaurant surprised me, and the rest of my family, with some of the best tasting pizzas and ribs we have ever had the pleasure of sampling. The drinks/beer selection is as comprehensive as the menu and we were very pleased with the service and attention to detail. Well done to Da Vinci's for delivering on all levels, you will see us again soon!

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Burgers were over-done and dry. Maybe try the pizza?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We popped in here for lunch on a weekday and were both attracted to their low-carb "Burger in a Bowl" menu, which is a burger without a bun in a bowl with Salad.

They have a nice menu idea where you choose your burger style from a list of about a dozen - so thats whether it has bacon, cheese, sauce etc, then you choose Beef, Ostrich, Chichen or Veggie. It all looked very promising. The menu stated that they recommended cooking to more than medium-rare, so, against my normal judgement I took their advice.

We were both disappointed. Despite very large, interesting and well presented salads, both burgers were dry, over-done and relatively tasteless.

Don't rule it out if you are passing, many other reviewers loved this place, but think cafefully about the burger - maybe the pizza is a lot better. We sat outside, service was fine - perfectly friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A good old fashioned pizzeria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

A good old fashion pizzeria big menu clean good for a lazy night out and it reasonably priced. Good friendly service. No Amex cards taken

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“If you haven't had Vinci's ostrich burger you haven't lived!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I came to Cape Town a year ago, I was pretty lonely, pretty hungry and stumbled upon da Vinci's. I thought its gotta be good since my parents named me after LEONARDA DA V. I'd never had an ostrich burger, and because I'm supposed to be slimming I opted for burger-in-a-bowl i.e. no roll, but the burger sits on a luscious, humungous salad....lots of avo plus their own salad dressing which is delish.

So last night took my daughter visiting and just arrived from Holland. She loved the ostrich burger-on-a-salad, and told the owner the concept is a Dutch winner, and she's gonna open a franchise in Utrecht. Her vanilla milkshake was, she said, the best she's ever had. Our waiter was charming and fun. The waiters don't walk ...they run. Across from us people were guzzling and raving about their thin crust real pizzas. (Sadly S.Africans only know American fast food pizza, and then think these aren't real and aren't good). Shame! as they say here. Go for it. Yay da Vincis! The busiest restaurant of its kind on Kloof and for good reason.

• Visited December 2012