“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Primi food is fresh and fast, comforting and healthy, inspired by Italian tradition but influenced by the cosmopolitan present. Every menu item is cooked from scratch using only the freshest and finest sourced ingredients. Primi is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a great experience for the whole family or kick back and relax for a cocktail with friends.
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The service you get at Primi might be one of the best! The waiters are always helpful and make you feel at ease! The food s just divine at great prices! It's not a gastronomic restaurant but it's still exquisite! It has the vibe of a very hype pub at night and serves great cocktails at great prices (especially during happy hour!)

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Portland, Oregon
“Always reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This is not fine dining but its always good dining served by friendly and helpful servers in a delightful space flooded (during the day) with sunlight. We're always pleased with the pizzas, the pastas and the salads and, finally, the good values. We'll be back.

Visited June 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Popular Favourite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been to Primi countless times as you get good food at a good price (medium-high). I don't touch their pizzas anymore as I feel they taste too plain (just fresh ingredients and no special secret sauces/spices). I ALWAYS order their pasta as I feel it is their strong point: perfectly cooked, excellent flavours and decently portioned (2 people can share for a light meal).
The urban theme (more contemporary now) is always a nice experience, especially if it's your first time. It is popular for a reason and I highly recommend visiting to try their pasta (other dishes are little pricey in my opinion)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Appalling service and lacklustre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I took my children to Primi at the Waterfront for an early dinner. Service was appalling we waited 20 mins just to be served. They brought the wrong food and what they did bring was of a poor quality. We didnt finish the meal, were charged in full and left with a very bad overall impression. I will not be going back !!

Visited January 2013
Andrew V, General Manager at Primi, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear LesleySzabo2,

I humbly apologise that your experience with us did not meet your expectation. From the sounds of things we fell terribly short. That is certainly not the sort of service we have built our business on.

You can be assured that we have taken your comments to heart and I thank you for taking the time to give us such invaluable feedback. It pains me that you say you will not be returning, as I know in my heart that your experience was an isolated one.

If you do decide to return, please ask for me, as I would love to meet you and your family and show you what Primi hospitality is all about.

Regards,
Andrew Valk
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great food and good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Primi is always a good choice and I like the way they offer either full or half sized portions of dishes we always have the pollo reco which is a spicy tomato chicken pasta and you get bread as well as garlic and chilli to add to your dishes. Yum!!

• Visited February 2013