“Average Dining” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Average Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nothing to complain about but no wow factor either. The chicken biryani was tepid when served and needed to be reheated. Pieces of white rice somehow sprinkled on top of the golden rice as if the chef had used the same spoon to serve two different dishes. Plates were cold. The outstanding feature of the evening was the Peshwari naan which alone makes it worth a visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Durban, South Africa
“Good traditional Indian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

A very decent curry restaurant. No flash or fancy, but great curries. Our second time here and we shall return. Large menu featuring all the regular dishes. Good wine list and Cobra beer. If you're in the mood for casual curry for lunch or dinner, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gurgaon
“Better Indian food overseas!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Reached late in the evening into Cape town and our friends invited us over to the place for a meal, to start the name was very unusual for an Indian cuisine restaurant, as we did not have any choice(being invited) we walked into the place and what we saw was a surprise, a big appox 100 plus cover restaurant and not a single table which was empty besides the one reserved for us. You need to book in advance. The service was prompt and it was amazing to see how the entire staff was operating with no guest feeling left out. the food, if I compare with what is available in India is not something about which I would write home, but considering the fact that it is S.A I would give it 7/10 . Must try the chicken samosas, the butter chicken is just ok but the Dal Makahni is very good. I surely recommend it!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Finest Indian Cuisine in Cape Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been going to Bihari for a few years now and it is one of my favourite restaurants in Cape Town. Definitely the best indian cuisine in Cape Town. The chefs, managers and staff are extremely friendly! Staff are very accommodating with orders and every visit is very memorable! Being an indian - I am extremely critical of "indian cuisine" and I am always impressed with the high standards at Bihari and the delicious spicy indian cuisine never disappoints. We keep going back for more! We've visited with family, friends, colleges and just my husband and myself! They also catered my husbands birthday party! Everyone loved the food!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East London
“Best Indian Menu BY FAR!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is my weekly eating place, the food is amazing, the atmosphere very energetic!! I love my food hot and I always get the best combination of spices that explode in your mouth. My kids always go for the medium taste and the Naan bread is their favourite, its the softness of the dough, the right kind of grill. As a smoker, its nice to be able to walk into the bar area, have a puff and come back and eat your meal, no fuss. I love this place in Newlands!

• Visited March 2012