A family of four (kids 18 and 22), we stayed at The Rose for 3 nights in late July. Yuan was quick to fit us in when we suddenly altered our dates - backwards - having realised that our original dates would have had us arriving in Cape Town just as the Table Mountain cable car was being shut-down for its 5 weeks of winter maintenance! As it was we went up on the last day (the queues were horrendous ... would be there at 8am next time, at the front of the queue!) in glorious weather. The Rose is a wonderful place, a real boutique hotel; it was refreshing to stay somewhere so individual. I even opened the window in my bathroom after my showers as I was concerned about the steam and condensation spoiling the amazing hand-drawn cartoons on the bathroom wall. The communal breakfast was great as it allowed us to talk to fellow travellers and swap advice as to what to see/ where to go. Our host, Yuan, was at breakfast each day to dispense advice too. Breakfast was all the usuals plus decent coffee (Yuan is French) and fresh, warm muffins. The location of The Rose is good; we either walked places or took short taxis rides, and then on the last morning we collected a hire car from Avis (just around the corner from The Rose) to continue our travels. We will definitely stay with Yuan again when in Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Rose is an eclectic mix of French, Indian, Cape Malay and African influences, where old world and modern embrace. Each en suite bedroom is unique and stylishly decorated to reflect the colourful Bo-Kaap and South Africa. It is home away from home, designed to cater for tourists as well as business executives and is gay friendly. Centrally located, it is one of the most central areas in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Rose Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Rose Bed And Breakfast
- La Rose Hotel Cape Town Central
- La Rose Bed & Breakfast Cape Town, South Africa