“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Derwent House Boutique Hotel

You added Derwent House Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Derwent Road | Tamboerskloof, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa (City Bowl)   |
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at Derwent House for the last 3 nights of our honeymoon. We were greeted by Vuyo who new exactly who we were when we rang the door bell to check in and these personal touches throughout our stay is what makes Derwent Hse so unique. Vuyo could not of been more helpful with top tips of where to eat, transport, tourist information as well as helping us when we had issues with our flights home. Rooms, breakfast and location great. Lovely pool area to relax and catch some sun. The honesty bar is unique to Derwent Hse but a great idea, with lots of choices. A definite must if staying in Cape Town.

Thanks Derwent Hse.

Room Tip: Location great but a fair walk to the Waterfront, lovely resturants on Kloof St.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Derwent House very much. The communal rooms have a very African theme which was something very different for us. The staff were all extremely helpful and welcoming. We stayed in room 1 (top of the stairs on the far left) which was comfortable but slightly on the small side and the bathroom was extremely small but functional. Don't know about any of the other rooms. Never having stayed anywhere else in Cape Town, I couldn't compare Derwent to other Cape Town hotels, but would recommend Derwent probably for shorter stays, unless the other bedrooms are on the larger side.

N Yorks UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Derwent House since 2008, and it's as good as ever, I could say it gets better every time but it's hard to improve upon perfection! We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cape Town, Jo & Carol along with their fanatstic team of staff make the whole experience of staying there wonderful. The attention to detail, the decor, the breakfasts, the welcome, the service, advice re restauarnts etc is second to none. We walked to 3 local restaurants for dinner all with great food and service and we felt perfectly safe doing so.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

As part of a group of international travelers that stayed here for 14 days - these are my thoughts...

I travel all over the world for work. Derwent House will now be the measure of excellence. From the amenities to the location to the standard of comfort - Derwent House is simply exceptional. The most impressive aspect of the stay here was the staff and the service that they provided. I cannot quite put my finger on it...However there is a magic about the way it works. From check in you are treated like family (like the spoiled child that can have everything). The staff from Management across the team allowed the most exquisite experience. If you come to Cape Town - Derwent House is a must!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Harrison, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

WOW, WOW, WOW! I just returned from spending 2 incredible weeks in Cape Town. I began my adventure on the V & A waterfront, after several days I packed my bags and headed over to Camps Bay, a brief and beautiful stint there and on my way to safari at Amakhala where I had the pleasure of meeting Carole and Jo, owners of Derwent House. They are an amazing duo, I loved them so much that I changed my plans and moved into their outstanding hotel for the last days of my trip. The hotel itself is absolutely top notch! It reminded me of a beautiful elegant brownstone in NYC, I felt right at home. It is perfectly located to shopping, restaurants, gardens, etc. and the staff were tripping over themselves to make my stay first class. My daughter is studying at UCT and wants to move in, watch out Carole & Jo! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights prior to a conference, on a very last minute booking. Picked this hotel based on its excellent reviews, and I was afraid to be disappointed, but I truly had a very comfortable experience here. On arrival the staff greeted me by my first name which made me feel at home, and they showed me around the house, my room and the hotel features - which included a lovely kitchen stocked with a selection of baked goodies everyday! The staff were extremely attentive and helpful at all hours of the day, especially regarding booking tours during the stay. The pool although was cold at this time of the year, was clean and great for dipping. My room was very clean and wonderfully decorated, as was the rest of the hotel especially the communal areas. Due to the tours starting quite early, I missed the breakfast but was made a packed breakfast to take which was really sweet and it was very tasty too! I was apprehensive about security in Cape after hearing stories from other people, but felt safe in the location (which was close to many restaurants and bars), and the security around the hotel was good too. Would definitely return on another visit and recommend to anyone visiting Cape town!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Derwent House in March 2013. Even before arriving we received really helpful advice from Carol by email and throughout our stay we had fantastic support from the staff. Our room (No 1) was not large but had a lovely terrace and a fantastic view of Table Mountain. Breakfast was excellent. The location was great for heading into Cape Town or towards Table Mountain and Camps Bay. The warm welcome we received from all the staff made this a great base for the start of our holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Derwent House Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!