We were a group and in town to attend a wedding and decided to stay at Southern Sun Waterfront mainly because of its ideal location. One can take the foot bridge located right next to the hotel and reach the V & A Waterfront in just 15 minutes or less. The hotel also provides shuttle service to the Waterfront every 30 minutes from the hotel and from the Waterfront every 15 minutes.
As other reviews have already mentioned, we too enjoyed the breakfast spread however, for days when you want to try something else, just around the corner from the hotel you'll find Food Lover’s Market where you can find food to satisfy everyone’s taste buds. Or if you are a fan of Italian cuisine, a local favorite Col'Cacchio’s is just a few minutes away.
To arrange your tours and transportation, rest assured Rameez and Rustim at Concierge will sort it all out for you!
Everyone from the Front Desk to Maintenance to the staff on the breakfast floor were incredibly friendly and always made us feel welcome.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes’ drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The décor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and isauthentically South African. Yizani translates as “Come in...Welcome” in Xhosa, and is perfectly appropriate in that this restaurant offers a world-class welcome that sets the scene for the experience to follow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.