Firstly let me say , as a hotel reviewer and guest at hundreds of hotels over the last decade, the service I received was simply overwhelming in quality. First was Wanda at check in who went out of his way to make us comfortable, to the "egg ladies" at the breakfast service, to the door man who made me laugh at check out. I have NEVER written a review such as this but I simply want to say that I am still overwhelmed by the high standards at the Southern Sun Waterfront, I simply could not find fault in anything and the demeanour of the staff is simply the icing on the cake. Something tells me that this is likely a combination of passion for the work that they do and an amazing management team! So even though I was not recognised as a frequent guest (I have been a member on and off and usually my membership lapses as I get too busy to remember to renew and claim reward nights etc etc) I can now certainly say that I will simply NEVER stay at any other hotel in the Cape besides the SS Waterfront. If it was possible I would have happily thrown a party for the staff. Being a frequent guest of Hilton, Hyatt, SPG, R&C, IC Hotels and the Five star alliance I am still in awe of my experience, which only lasted one night, but has certainly won me back as a regular!Well done to Managemnt for supporting a great work ethic and to the staff for a flawless service from check in to check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and isauthentically South African. Yizani translates as "Come in...Welcome" in Xhosa, and is perfectly appropriate in that this restaurant offers a world-class welcome that sets the scene for the experience to follow. Our Pool Bar offers daily cocktail happy hours - 2 for 1 specials from 17:00 to 19:00. Our Pool Bar is associated with official Brandy Urban Cocktail Route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa