I had a fabulous time at Rutland Lodge. So great, that no place else I stayed in South Africa compared.
1. Jean Jo is a great host. He makes you feel like a guest in his home and is perfect with suggestings things to do and see as especially where to eat!
2. Gorgeous scenery and perfect location to many neighborhoods and attractions.
3. Clean rooms with every amenity you could need and pleasant competent house staff.
4. Breakfast is EXCELLENT. I typically ate South African style pancakes but was pleased with everything I ate in the home (and drank) as well as the presentation.
5. Warm fireplace to cozy up to after a long day touring especially since I hit Cape Town at the start of winter.
1. I had to leave Cape Town without going up Table Mountain or visiting Robben Island. No fault of the Rutland Lodge however.
I highly recommend this guest lodge. Herbert Baker was also the architect for Cecil John Rhodes, world famous colonialist and imperialist. Need I say more....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on a quiet tree-lined street in the stylish Cape Town suburb of Oranjezicht, is the 5 star boutique guest house Rutland Lodge. This magnificent Cape Dutch house designed by Sir Herbert Baker is framed against Table Mountain and offers the most magnificent views of the City Bowl of Cape Town, Table Mountain, Lion's Head, Signal Hill, the Atlantic Seaboard and the far beyond Mountain range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Rutland Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rutland Lodge Cape Town, South Africa