“Great central hotel in Cape Town” 5 of 5 stars

Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wale Street, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa   |
Ranked #27 of 101 hotels in Cape Town Central
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great central hotel in Cape Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was at this hotel for a two days. The rooms are amazing, everything is superb. If you have money to splash, this is the hotel to consider. At the end of my stay I wished I could take some elements of my room home with me. The breakfast was really good, although it started a little bit late. I like the view from the dinning room of the activities just below the hotel. It gives one a glimpse of Cosmopolitan Cape Town, and the layed back vibe. The hotel is just across a Cathedral and the Company Gardens, and a walk from Parliament, the Greenmarket Square, Long Street, Iziko Museum and many other interesting place. The perfect place for somebody who wants to be in the centre of activities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Desmond4, General Manager at Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear SwaziQueen,

Thank you for the lovely review you posted here about your recent visit. My team and I are glad that we could assist in making your visit to our beautiful city such a treat.

We look forward to your next visit.

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went during early June 2013, and the hotel is neat and clean, the rooms are serviced, neat and clean. The rooms are very well equipped for a long term stay with full kitchen including washing machine and tumble dryer, microwave oven, stove, oven, dishes etc. I must say that the marketing material on this Hotel gives the impression of a much classier Hotel. We were somewhat disappointed. Breakfast at the local Doppio Zero downstairs was also not great, as the only breakfast included in the deal is the buffet table, you could not order eggs, bacon, toast, all the usual things I certainly want for breakfast. Just some pastries, cheese, dry bread and overcooked boiled eggs (BLUE). The other thing that was not good is that the safe in our room proved to be problematic, with the result we did not use it ... and as fate would have it ... some personal belongings went missing from our room. Management handled the problem well over the phone, but of course, it is gone, missing ... never to be seen again. Mangement also never contacted me again to tell me that my stuff is gone for good. It upsets me to think that the staff would actually go through your personal belongings in your cupboard, and help themselves to whatever they like !! Not good !!!

Room Tip: The Hotel is right in the heart of the city, very noisy at night and early morning. On weekends you...
Dear Renee V,

Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa recently. I have read your comments about the poor breakfast and the missing items and I must admit it saddened me.

Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure what you are accustomed to. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar once more.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa, and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies as the General Manager of the property. in order to restore your faith in us, I would like to invite you to enjoy a night at the he Hotel a complimentary accommodation and breakfast basis.

Monett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Mandela Rhodes Place and wished we could have stayed more! We loved the decor/facilities and the people were super friendly and helpful! They went above and beyond when we had to make last minute plan changes due to weather.
The location couldn't be better...centrally located and across the street was one of the sightseeing bus stops.
We highly recommend Mandela Rhodes Place and the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mona5500,

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when next in Cape Town

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great hotel, ideally placed for Long Street, Greenmarket and other sites, but without being too close to the noise.
Parking on site in a safe multi-story car park.
Staff very welcoming and cannot do enough for you.
Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Mine was good on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear SynkroS,

Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa in the hopefully not too distant future.

Regards

Desmond O’Connor
GENERAL MANAGER
Durban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Nelson Mandela Hotel was the best best stay my family and i ever had in Cape Town .
Cleaning was neat and tidy, warmth from staff, really going back there this July , becos it was so nice being there for the fight time

Room Tip: The Towers was my excellent experience, not at all out of price range.
Dear Mrs. Moodley and family,

Many thanks for such a wonderful report on your recent visit. Please let me know here at the Hotel directly when you will be planning to come stay in July and I shall personally take care of your reservation and also ensure you get a Towers Suite.

Looking forward to your next visit.

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 7 nights. The suites are very large and very comfortable. The service is some of the best I've had, and the staff are friendly and courteous. The location is ideal for getting around Cape Town as the Blue and Red shuttles stop nearby. The restaurant is very good, offering a great selection at breakfast, and pastas and pizzas for lunch and dinner. The restaurant waitstaff are especially courteous and welcoming.

Dear Mark E,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place as your "home" whilst in Cape Town recently. My team and I were delighted to have read your comments about this visit and the fact that were able to make it so pleasurable.

We hope that this will encourage you to come back very soon.

Shopper in Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent base for exploring Cape Town. Arrived early and were checked in no problem. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Rooms were well fitted out and comfortable. Restaurant in hotel was excellent and again the staff were so nice. Food was high quality and very reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Table Mountain and a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Desmond4, General Manager at Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Taintor,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa as your choice of residence whilst visiting Cape Town recently. My team and I were delighted to have read your review as posted here on TripAdvisor, and it makes us proud to know that we left another guest with happy memories of their holiday.

Come visit again soon.

Desmond

Been to Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!