“Brilliant!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountview Spa and Guest House

You added Mountview Spa and Guest House to your Saves list
Mountview Spa and Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   208 High Level Road | Sea Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #24 of 151 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at Mountview spa and as usual I was made to feel like i was staying at someone's house rather than a guesthouse. Hosts, Joe and Marius are amazing and always keen to help when you need advise about where to go and eat out or sights to see. Since my last visit, the rooms have been remodelled and the bathrooms are now separate from the bedrooms. Before, they were open plan and I much prefer this set up. It's been about a year since I last visited and it still rocks! Highly recommended and I will certainly be back again!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was truely like home away from home. We relaxed so much at the pool that some days we spent most of our sunbathing at the guesthouse. Our room was perfect that ensured a great night's rest. I had a massage by their masseur in the spa room. Best deep tissue massage ever!! Can't wait to stay here again when visiting Cape Town from London

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My partner & I spent our last night in South Africa here at Mountview. Its a beautiful little guest house amongst tranquil set gardens, with a pool & hot tub. The owners were extremely accommodating and very helpful. Our flight wasn't until late in the evening and we were able to have a shower before leaving for the airport which was fantastic after a day of 30 degree heat. We were recommended La Boheme a restaurant 2 minute walk from the guest house, which was superb and extremely well priced!!
After spending 8 nights in South Africa, all at 4 star guest houses, the only faults we can give Mountview and comparing it to the other guest houses, was there was no air conditioning. When its 25 degrees in the evening and your trying to get ready, it proves difficult with the heat and steam. Also the bathroom is part of the room, therefore when showering and getting ready, plus no air con can be a bit cramped for 2 people.
We would definately stay here again and recommend it to friends and family!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was in Cape Town for a few days on my own and really pleased to have chosen Mountview. It is a real little gem, beautifully decorated with a tranquil ambience and lovely staff. Breakfast was great. I really cant fault it. Fabulous!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We enjoyed a great stay at the Mountview Spa and Guest House in December 2011. Our room was perfect and the staff and owners were always there when we needed them! The location is ideal as it is central to all the wonderful attractions Cape Town has to offer. I would definitely recommend this Guest House to both local and international travellers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I visited Cape Town for the first time with friends, and had a local friend, who showed us what an outstanding city this is! Our stay was most comfortable and enjoyable, and I cannot fault anything. We had guests visiting us at the guesthouse to pick us up and the staff were very accomodating. My laundry was done, I had free wifi to use,used the pool and jacuzzi at my leisure and the breakfast was great, it being healthy and filling - loved the fresh coffee!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife spoilt me with a lovely weekend get away filled with relaxation, wining and dining. We were collected from the airport by shuttle and delivered to Mountview ( our 1 bag got lost and was dropped off at the guesthouse!), the massages were outstanding and well recommended for stress relief, and the jacuzzi was the perfect ending! Joe is very proud of the guesthouse and gave us a good intro, advise etc and helped us book a car for a few days. We got fantastic restaurant recommendations in central Cape Town and in the winelands! Our suite was very cosy and welcoming, and we the mini bar well stocked, thanks Joe + the champagne and rose petals made the welcome amaizing!! Thanks to all at the guesthouse!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mountview Spa and Guest House? Share your experiences!