Stayed here for 8 days basically happy, however a few issues and we want to give an honest review that may help them to address these in the future:
If you are used to staying in hotels then you will find this as a high-end B&B. I am comparing this to the price bracket of this establisment as well.
- Excellent breakfast as mentioned by many guests, it is true! Best breakfast we have had compared to many places.
- Excellent Service from Nkosi and Oncemore (other members not so good, average)
Good Location, however not the safest area and certainly would not recommend this area for girls or families. (I know as I am from Cape Town originally and spoke to some of my local friends as well, whose eyebrows went up when I said I was staying in Green Point). So do be careful here.
- Nice Spacious Bathroom (Room 5)
- We were promised a room with a pool when we originally booked, therefore booked a more expensive room(with a pool), however when we arrived it was an empty pool and were given no prior notice or acceptable apology, except that's the way it is...Like what can you do now, you are already here...
- Airconditioning was not working when we arrived, no prior notice, and only when we requested it, was it then fixed.
- Safe enclosed parking, however limited to only 4 parking bays and when we arrived one evening after 11.45pm, we had to park outside in the street, due to no more parking spaces being available.
- Room Service average and inconsistent, as we twice had to go downstairs in the evening to request toilet rolls.
In conclusion, overall good, however would not really stay here again compared to other options available in this price catergory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated mix of raw brick, woods, stainless steel, porcelain tiles and glass sets us apart in style. Minutes from the Cape Quarter, V&A Waterfront, World Cup Stadium, Convention Centre, and a refreshing range of restaurants and night life. Enjoy our perfect position in the heart of the mother city. Retreat to a cocoon of comfort with natural fabrics and earth tones in our luxury en suite rooms. Enjoy spacious bathrooms with large showers for your private indulgence. Twin basins. Heated towel rails. We believe in the detail. Choose a view: Pool, Waterfront or Mountain? The quiet hillside suites, each with their private plunge pool, look onto Signal Hill – the "rump" of fabled Lion’s Head mountain. Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, you’ll be well looked after. Pamper yourself with one of our Wellness treatments or relax, sipping sundowners, on the pool deck. Marc’s Table, our in-house restaurant overlooking the pool, offers hearty breakfasts, light à la carte lunches and romantic dinners. Sip cognacs, after dark, in our cosy library. Sugar, for food requirements, provides a unique and specialized menu that suits any palette. We will prepare food to your request on instruction. Our daily menu is never the same, and warm hearty meals are prepared just for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Sugar Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sugar Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa