“Lovely Stay in Sunny CT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sugar Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Sugar Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Main Road, Corner Main & Boundary Roads | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Stay in Sunny CT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have a wonderful 4 night stay at the Sugar Hotel. The staff were wonderful and accommodating and got to know us - so much so, that when I rec'd a phone call to the hotel, they advised my colleague that I was not there and was at the pool! Since they opened the doors, the hotel has been fully booked and I felt that the walls, carpet, and some of the fixtures needed to be cleaned/replaced. But this did not interfere with our stay and we truly had a wonderful time. For larger parties, check out the family rooms to have "inter-leading" stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had the privilige to stay at this beautifull hotel for 15 nights and it was just amazing! The hotel is brand new and has a nice designer touch to it. I had a room with its very own private pool and sundeck. The rooms have all modern amenities and high quality beds and linnen. Breakfast is real good with an abundance of choices. During my stay I had a rental car at my disposal which I could park in the hotels' secure inhouse parking. I was pleasantly surprised to see, that my car was regularly cleaned overnight; courtesy of the hotel. I have stayed at many hotels over the years but this one is in my all-time top three.

Room Tip: My room was facing North, was quiet, had a big sundeck with own pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We decided to book at the Sugar Hotel and Spa based on Trip Advisor...and we were very pleased we listened to the reviews of previous guests. Overall a great experience. Outstanding location. Easy to walk to shopping and restaurants, and the V&A Waterfront (about .5 miles). With only 7 rooms, the staff got to know us, even though we were only there for 2 nights...and we wish we had stayed longer. The breakfast was also worth getting up for. Yummy.

Room Tip: We were in Room #6. I would ask for room #6 or #7...yet, I am sure all of the rooms are spacious an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Unfortunately, in most parts of the world, Customer Service is dead. Not at Sugar Hotel. All of the staff were amazing and did everything they could to make my 4-night stay memorable, and easy. Because of the small number of rooms in the hotel, I felt that I was an important friend, not just another person lost in a cold, huge, generic hotel. Everyone (from reception to chef to waitress) were friendly and top-notch.

The breakfast was excellent! (Although, beware, if you do want to dine in the restaurant for lunch or dinner, you must let the staff know in the morning, otherwise you'll have to eat elsewhere as they buy all their food fresh to prepare specifically to your request.)

The tiny details (like the triple filtered water tap in the bathroom and bath salts for the bathtub) were a nice touch. I also received the "Quick Fix" spa treatment (mini-pedi, facial, and massage) and it was excellent. Word of advice, it took me 3 days to get a reservation at the spa (they were booked the entire time), so try to book early if you want any spa treatment during your stay.

Everything: aircon, (free!) WiFi internet, TV, water temps, etc worked perfectly. The location is about a 15-20 min walk from the V&A Waterfront, but taxis are also readily available. I felt very safe in the neighborhood and can only hope to stay here again someday! Thanks again Sugar Staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sugar Hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to lots of shops and good restaurants. We love the location, the ambience, the breakfasts and the room was really well appointed. The owners were very much in attendance and made the stay memorable. In fact, we bumped into them on their holiday and appreciated the recognition. The food was wonderful but we did not book early enough for dinner - if you stay here, make the reservation when you check in! It looked amazing. We truly can't say enough about the hotel and staff and would stay here when we go back to Cape Town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I spend a weekend at the Sugar Hotel for the Jazz Festival from the 30th March until the 1st April 2012 and the hospitality was fantastic. We had an awesome time on this weekend as it included 3 hours of spa treatment on the dirst day and a 5 hour winelands tour on the next.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

On the 9th of December 2012 my wish for accommodation where I can just relax came true the minute I walked into the Sugar Hotel.

Although we only spent one night here (was pre-accommodation for a tour we were going on) it is one of the best places I have stayed so far. From the minute you walk into the door you are met by friendly and helpful staff who will go out of their way to assist you.

Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated with everything you could possibly need. Because we had an early departure the next day the staff offered us the breakfast menu on arrival and sorted out our orders so that we would have the meals ready the next morning in our room at the requested time, and I can assure you the delivery was not a minute late

As a travel agent who has seen a number of hotels around the world I am happy to say that you will not be dissapointed if you book here! Clean and relaxing with beautiful decor the Sugar Hotel felt like a little peace of heaven in our busy travel schedule and is definitly the place I will be staying at on my return in 2013

oh before I forget - on our morning of departure we had asked the staff where we could buy water bottles to pack in for our tour. A minute later one of the staff members returned with ice cold water bottles that they had wrapped for our journey - now thats what I call service

Thank you Sugar Hotel for making my stay absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sugar Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!