“Exactly what we needed and more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Sugar Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Sugar Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Main Road, Corner Main & Boundary Roads | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #23 of 102 hotels in Cape Town Central
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Exactly what we needed and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

On the 9th of December 2012 my wish for accommodation where I can just relax came true the minute I walked into the Sugar Hotel.

Although we only spent one night here (was pre-accommodation for a tour we were going on) it is one of the best places I have stayed so far. From the minute you walk into the door you are met by friendly and helpful staff who will go out of their way to assist you.

Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated with everything you could possibly need. Because we had an early departure the next day the staff offered us the breakfast menu on arrival and sorted out our orders so that we would have the meals ready the next morning in our room at the requested time, and I can assure you the delivery was not a minute late

As a travel agent who has seen a number of hotels around the world I am happy to say that you will not be dissapointed if you book here! Clean and relaxing with beautiful decor the Sugar Hotel felt like a little peace of heaven in our busy travel schedule and is definitly the place I will be staying at on my return in 2013

oh before I forget - on our morning of departure we had asked the staff where we could buy water bottles to pack in for our tour. A minute later one of the staff members returned with ice cold water bottles that they had wrapped for our journey - now thats what I call service

Thank you Sugar Hotel for making my stay absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

From the first minute you feel more then welcome in this small boutique hotel in Cape Town. The rooms are very nicely done and pretty big in size. The cute hotel is located in Green Point, in walking distance to the Green Point Stadium and the V&A Waterfront. The hotel staff is excellent and made us feel at home. I am very happy that I picked the Sugar Hotel for our stay in Cape Town and am sure that I will be back, some day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and myself spent 8 nights at the Sugar Hotel and Spa from the 24th of November to the 2nd of December, 2012. We couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel was fantastic value for money. We were being urged by our South African travel agent to book at the Cape Grace. Thankfully, we did not. That would have cost us 3300 Rand per night as against the 1335 Rand per night we paid at Sugar (we got a fabulous deal on their website---stay 4 nights, pay for 3---so we stayed 8 nights and paid for 6). Thus we saved close to 16000 Rand for the 8 nights which we splurged on eating, drinking, shopping, massages, taxis, etc, etc, etc.

Now, coming to Sugar Hotel. Large sized rooms with equally large sized toilets (shower + bath). Great breakfast every morning comprising fresh fruit, cereal & yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, potatoes, toast, butter, cheese, jam, coffee and juices (orange, mango, apple and cocktail). Served sometimes by Riyaan, the hands on owner. Superb start to the day, I must say.

The overall service was excellent with Nkosi, Oncemore and Serenity outstanding. They checked availability for Robben Island and the cable car (to the Table Mountain), made reservations for restaurants, arranged for taxis and generally helped us out every which way.
Riyaan and Mark (the chef and co-owner) have very good staff indeed.

I was also able to use the Internet (computer) in the office free of charge on the couple of occasions I needed to. They also have a laptop that can be used.
For the price we paid and for the value we got, I am ready to bet that we could not have done better. For the two of us, Sugar Hotel will be our hotel of choice whenever we visit Cape town.

Room Tip: Book on the hotel website for good deals.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found this hotel online and it had good reviews. I went ahead and booked it for two nights and booked a downtown hotel for two nights, just in case one didn't pan out. I absolutely loved it, and was sad I was only staying for two nights. It is a very cute, trendy boutique hotel. The rooms are large, as is the bathroom, and everything is very clean.

Everyone there is so nice and helpful. They helped us book a shark cage diving tour. The breakfast every morning was amazing! And the free parking was great too. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

I didn't rate the location because I don't feel like I know enough about it. We were only there 2 days, so we didn't explore the hotel area too much. We knew where we wanted to go already, and had a car. It was easy to get to the waterfront driving. And we also drove to Boulder Beach and Table Mountain from there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Fraserburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am constantly checking the reviews of this hotel, my husband and I have booked a 14 night stay arriving 19th January, my husband works month/ month in Angola, he left on Tuesday and will miss Xmas and new year so I am hoping that our holiday in Cape Town staying at this fabulous hotel takes the sting out of it, can't wait. You'll be hearing from me again soon.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed there last month and it was great in every sense. Location is great, several restaurants near by, the waterfront is a 5 min drive; the rooms are just perfect. Everybody is super nice all the time, breakfast is delicious, wish we could have stayed more time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at Sugar hotel in Cape Town for 6 nights after moving up from Raidsson at seafront.
This hotel was perfect for us, Intimate and very peaceful in luxurious surroundings and they accomodated our 23 month old son so well.

We were in room 6 and it was beautiful, one of the biggest beds ive ever slept in, well stocked mini bar that is priced great if your from the UK!!
Great shower and bath facilities in room
The breakfast every days is served to you a la carte, was a real delight, sitting in a lovely front room restaurant with sliding doors open to pool was nice

We also ate in the hotel our last night, we had a wonderful 3 course meal and some lovely red wine to go with it, was one of the best meals we had in Cape Town and we never had a bad meal there in ten days.

The location of hotel is great, ten minutes walk down to V&A Waterfront or 15 Mins into long street in Cape Town city centre.

We love our food and had some amazing meals over in Cape Town which ill also review.
Hotel is perfect if you want luxurious surroundings in quiet boutique hotel with excellent service.

The front staff, Nkosi and co were superb, also lovely to get lift back to Airport in Hotel Q7,

We hope to see you guys again next time we visit Cape Town

Room Tip: Check out Geovannis italian diner/ market shop along the road, fantastic place to watch world go by
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sugar Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!