My wife and myself spent 8 nights at the Sugar Hotel and Spa from the 24th of November to the 2nd of December, 2012. We couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel was fantastic value for money. We were being urged by our South African travel agent to book at the Cape Grace. Thankfully, we did not. That would have cost us 3300 Rand per night as against the 1335 Rand per night we paid at Sugar (we got a fabulous deal on their website---stay 4 nights, pay for 3---so we stayed 8 nights and paid for 6). Thus we saved close to 16000 Rand for the 8 nights which we splurged on eating, drinking, shopping, massages, taxis, etc, etc, etc.
Now, coming to Sugar Hotel. Large sized rooms with equally large sized toilets (shower + bath). Great breakfast every morning comprising fresh fruit, cereal & yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, potatoes, toast, butter, cheese, jam, coffee and juices (orange, mango, apple and cocktail). Served sometimes by Riyaan, the hands on owner. Superb start to the day, I must say.
The overall service was excellent with Nkosi, Oncemore and Serenity outstanding. They checked availability for Robben Island and the cable car (to the Table Mountain), made reservations for restaurants, arranged for taxis and generally helped us out every which way.
Riyaan and Mark (the chef and co-owner) have very good staff indeed.
I was also able to use the Internet (computer) in the office free of charge on the couple of occasions I needed to. They also have a laptop that can be used.
For the price we paid and for the value we got, I am ready to bet that we could not have done better. For the two of us, Sugar Hotel will be our hotel of choice whenever we visit Cape town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated mix of raw brick, woods, stainless steel, porcelain tiles and glass sets us apart in style. Minutes from the Cape Quarter, V&A Waterfront, World Cup Stadium, Convention Centre, and a refreshing range of restaurants and night life. Enjoy our perfect position in the heart of the mother city. Retreat to a cocoon of comfort with natural fabrics and earth tones in our luxury en suite rooms. Enjoy spacious bathrooms with large showers for your private indulgence. Twin basins. Heated towel rails. We believe in the detail. Choose a view: Pool, Waterfront or Mountain? The quiet hillside suites, each with their private plunge pool, look onto Signal Hill – the "rump" of fabled Lion’s Head mountain. Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, you’ll be well looked after. Pamper yourself with one of our Wellness treatments or relax, sipping sundowners, on the pool deck. Marc’s Table, our in-house restaurant overlooking the pool, offers hearty breakfasts, light à la carte lunches and romantic dinners. Sip cognacs, after dark, in our cosy library. Sugar, for food requirements, provides a unique and specialized menu that suits any palette. We will prepare food to your request on instruction. Our daily menu is never the same, and warm hearty meals are prepared just for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de and South African Hotels so you can book your Sugar Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sugar Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa